Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
tallkid said:
sounds good existence. i just wouldnt like the wire stickin up out of there like that. when you're shiftin into reverse/1st, you usually should be stopped or at a slow roll anyways, so if you got rid of the safety thing, i dont think i'd have a problem with it.

whoever has their short shifter in and has a knob that actually makes it shorter :: it seems to me. that youd have to bend your arm in a weird angle to shift. when stock, the knob is just above the center console, so you can rest your elbow on it while shifting. with your shifter 3-4 inches lower, how much of a pain in the ass is it to shift? your throw might be a lot shorter, but i would think that itd be uncomfortable. so im asking you to become a salesman and convince me to order the short shift lever.
Its really not bad at all, and thats something I was sorta worried about too. This wire thing i made into a little loop so theres no sharp edges. I did drive it for 2 days without any reverse lockout, and it wasn't bad, its just that you always gotta be careful not to go into reverse which is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
341 Posts
offtopic but did you notice when zip post we get an ad for ykk zippers haha the only time an ad on a site was funny without meaning to ZIPPERSTOP

kink how many pulleys are left Im having a hard time scheduling OT all itll take is one day but this new route is making it difficult to do.last bid was ot anytime wheather you wanted or not.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Zipper said:
Yeah, I think I'm keeping the reverse lock.

On a different note, how do you attack the stock knob onto the short shifter? Super glue? Lock Tight?
not sure if this was meant for me, but I didn't use the stock knob I have an aftermarket one that comes with a bunch of plastic sleeves to choose from that go inside the knob to make it fit tight against the rod. I finally have some pics of it (yes I know the wire is ghetto but it actually works well and doesn't get in the way, and can only be seen from the driver's view)........ umm we need better image hosting, max 1024x768 and 146KB ??

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Zipper said:
It looks ok, except for the hanger.
My question was attaching the stock or the lanos knob to the shifter
ya i know it doesn't look the best, but its actually quite functional. I think i might paint the hangar balck and leave it there.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
renoinreno05 said:
you need a new boot, the stock one doesnt wrap well with that knob. and please tell me you other knob is on the way, or our you keeping it this way.
Yeah, I recommend cutting the stock boot...im not sure if it'll work cuz I have an aftermarket one but I had to cut it as well then just staple it to the black plastic part.

·
Registered
433 Posts
exist3nce said:
ya i know it doesn't look the best, but its actually quite functional. I think i might paint the hangar balck and leave it there.
if your going to leave it like that, at least take the time to go to a hardware store and find something better looking or make something more attractive than a clothes hanger painted black.

maybe go to a demantler or junk yard and see if you can get ahold on a dipstick and fabricate it to fit, add some paint and thats a starting idea.

or maybe something retractable.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
heres an idea. get that for steering wheel, some random decals, and turn your car into a Ford Charger STI supercharged with all wheel drive. totally mess with people's heads

·
Registered
433 Posts
all done.. had to wait forever for the boot. i ordered it before the knob and i got the knob first, but it was worth the wait.

sheepskin baby, thought it would go well with my sheep skin seet covers... even if its a different color.

·
Registered
433 Posts
tallkid said:
that looks a lot better than having a hanger stickin out of the boot. where did you get the boot?
out of a company out of a honda magazine of my brothers, i liked the look, plus dojo - momo sounded good together. i cant find the reciept, oh well it feels something like suede but nicer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
that is soo nice too bad the stiching is not matche dto any thing (yet) but other than that very nice and the stich doesnt even look all that bad. very nice.

I got the plasic trim sitting in my front pass seat from the hatch waiting to put in that blasted spoiler. so I havent took the reno out with the wife in weeks because the interior will cause a discussion ahem

renoinreno05 said:
all done.. had to wait forever for the boot. i ordered it before the knob and i got the knob first, but it was worth the wait.

sheepskin baby, thought it would go well with my sheep skin seet covers... even if its a different color.

·
Registered
433 Posts
mydogsaysplease said:
that is soo nice too bad the stiching is not matche dto any thing (yet) but other than that very nice and the stich doesnt even look all that bad. very nice.

I got the plasic trim sitting in my front pass seat from the hatch waiting to put in that blasted spoiler. so I havent took the reno out with the wife in weeks because the interior will cause a discussion ahem
ive been looking to upgrade my ipod and i was thinking the u2 ipod would look great with the boot.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts