Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the problems are starting to appear for me. Car does not smoke while I drive but seems to let out a nice cloud only when I start up. I did notice on 1 occasion that when I put my foot to the floor it let out a cloud of smoke. The muffler has signs of charcoal dust in it. Any idea where this is going?

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
White smoke on start-up (with the exception of a small amount of vapor emitted on a cold morning) is evidence of a coolant leak into the combustion chamber. Leaking head gasket, cracks in head or block, occasionally found... an intake coolant leak.

Pressure test the system, is my suggestion.

If you pull the spark plugs, you can narrow down the cylinder / area by plug appearance signs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does the cloud have a slight blueish haze to it? Does it dissipate slowly, and is it visible for an extended period? Try to get a good smell of it, you can tell from the smell if it is oil based or not.

If not oil based (white smoke with a blueish haze/tint) then Max's advice is where to begin. If it is oil based, your oil drains on your valve cover are starting to plug. This was how my issue with oil consumption started. See the sticky at the top of the page.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts