Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 auto tracker 16v 4wd

Hey guys, I mixed up 2 wires.

Both wires go to coolant temp sensors with a single blade connector sticking out. (The temp sensor that leads to computer is intact).

One sensor is on top of the coolant temperature sensor for the computer. The other is on the front of the t-stat housing.

There are 2 wires - 1 that is bundled up with the alternator wires and 1 that is bundled up with the A/C fuse wire and positive battery wire.

One is for the gauge and one is for the A/C switch. See pics below... can you tell me which wire is which and which sensor is which?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,456 Posts
The temperature gauge should be on the front of the thermostat housing facing the radiator - the a/c will be on the passenger side of the thermostat housing, close to the coolant temp sensor connector.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

But do you know which wire in the engine compt. goes where? I have a pretty good idea, but i wanted to be sure. I believe the gauge wire had a black connector on it.

·
Super Moderator
24,456 Posts
Hmm....although wires are bundled together in one location, they often separate out elsewhere. The A/C temperature sensor wire should be yellow/blue, and this first runs to a 4 pin connector by your battery. That connector will also have a pink wire from the amplifier, a blue/red wire from the amplifier, and a light green wire connected to it. From that 4 pin connector, they all then run through the firewall to a connector by the radio.
The dash temp gauge wire should be yellow/white - I'd have to check my car to see what it's bundled with, but it runs directly through the firewall to where the main harness and engine harness connects, just by your steering column under the dash. It's a connector with 22 pins in it, and the wires from that connect to the instrument panel harness connector. The wire is yellow/white all the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts