Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My front shocks on my rig have finally become worthless. They are the ones that came with my 5" reverse shackle lift from calmini over 10 years ago. The shocks that came with the kit were way too stiff for the already stiff lift springs. Last year I Replaced the rears with some off the shelf monroes that fit the dimensions I needed and they rode a LOT smoother than the calmini shocks.

I took the shocks off the front this week-end and without them the compression rate seems ok, and it's not really that bouncy on the rebound. I can almost run it without shocks at all. The shocks are necessary though for a safe ride and to help keep the axel from wandering and wrapping.

Now that it's time to do the fronts, I'm wondering what shock to go with. A lot of people run the Doetsch 3000 (8000 for heavier rigs) but most of them have a softer spring than I do. I'd like to run the absolute softest shock available without going crazy on some air shocks.
(within a reasonable price range)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am running the DT8000 and think they are kinda stiff. I would like to try a set of Rancho 9000 adjustables. I think that would be the bext of both worlds for on and off road.
They are pricey but I am watching Craigslist to see if I can get a set used. I don't do Ebay but could also be an option.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the rancho's are the dream... unfortunately my budget is grounded in reality... and in real life I'm not allowed to spend a lot of money on my samurai. :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes, the rancho's are the dream... unfortunately my budget is grounded in reality... and in real life I'm not allowed to spend a lot of money on my samurai. :(
Yeah, that's why I am watching Craigslist. It might take awhile but i have the time to wait and troll the listings until I find something.

Only problem is finding something that will fit....
A couple sets on craigslist local to me right now.
One is all 4 new in the box for $150 and the other ad is for 2 new that were used for mock up but never drove on for $80.... so not too bad on price.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow for 150 I'd build my suspension around them to make them fit. That's half the price of the cheapest set I can find new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts