Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit I didn't pay enough attention to the little lable on the fuel flap and used normal unleaded fuel.
The aforementioned lable states that 98ron fuel should be used, what fuel do you use?

I've started to use Optimax, I've filled it up about eight times now and there seems to be a slight improvement.

Any responses welcome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've only been using the standard unleaded at 95 ron....seems to work just fine, considering I only get around 230 miles to the tank...heavy right foot.

I haven't had a chance to try the 98ron yet..must give it a try

What colour did you go for...??? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not too sure about the Optimax, but basically, there is a bit of a con going on at the fuel pump.

Basically, as a result of the costs to transport fuel from the refinery to the petrol station, all petrol suppliers club together and supply fuel based on the nearest refinery.

So, if Esso have a refinery in Ellesmere port, then that is the petrol that will be in all garages around Ellesmere port, Chester, Wirral etc..

Sorry to shatter any illusions, but that's that - my mate used to have the job of selling petrol to petrol stations - bit of a dead cert really!!! - You can't blame them, seeing as the Government gets the tax, not only on the fuel they are transporting, but also on the fuel that they use to get it there! :angry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the info, may have to rethink the extra cost!!

Damienpetts, My ignis is yellow, it was a used version, I went in for a Jimny and it was sitting in the showroom, a test drive later all thoughts of Jimny's were forgotten. It never snows anyway!

It's in for 18,000 mile service next week, and to have a clutch bearing sorted out under warranty. My car was owned by Suzuki before I had it, I've a suspicion it was well used (thrashed) for the first 1000 miles or so.

I was reading a review of the Sport I picked up in the showroom and realised that the car they were test driving was one registration letter away from mine. Hmmm.

That said I had no quibbles about getting it sorted, in fact all of the dealers I've used have been 100%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts