Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to needing a new motor for my sierra but I was wonder what would be the best choice of engine, the standard 1300, the 1600 out of a vitara or a 1300 out of a swift gti? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was told that a company in australia had a 90 degree adaptor for the disty, but I never saw one,,,

But here is a link to a 16v swap I did a few years ago.
16v Conversion
That's a great article in that link, bill. I'm seriously considering swapping to a 16V 1.6L engine in my Samurai. Can you tell me which exact items you ordered from trail tough? Because I'm seeing several different kits for the 1.6 engine swap. Is there one single kit that includes everything, including the harness?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Thanks.
That was for the Grey Ghost truck I did a few years ago. The owner still wheels it today but now he is running 35's (easily!).

When I did the order with Trail Tough, I called Brent up one afternoon and we planned it from start to finish on the phone. After he understood what I wanted to do, he put together all the parts I needed including the motor! I think all we added to get it running was the oil and an oil filter.

Call Brent to plan your project. He is a fountain of knowledge and will take you from start to finish.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks.
That was for the Grey Ghost truck I did a few years ago. The owner still wheels it today but now he is running 35's (easily!).

When I did the order with Trail Tough, I called Brent up one afternoon and we planned it from start to finish on the phone. After he understood what I wanted to do, he put together all the parts I needed including the motor! I think all we added to get it running was the oil and an oil filter.

Call Brent to plan your project. He is a fountain of knowledge and will take you from start to finish.
Thanks for the hint. I've still got a lot to do before the engine swap, so when the time comes I'll definitely call him up.

What do you think of Rocky Road outfitters? Glenn also seems to be a very experienced person and their prices are really great.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
What do you think of Rocky Road outfitters? Glenn also seems to be a very experienced person and their prices are really great.
Wow... people are gonna either love me or hate me on this one...

Glenn Wakefield is another of the originals in our sport/hobby/obsession. He is very knowledgable about our Zooks, and he has (basically) been there/done that with zooks from 'stock' to 'over the top'. He started building parts and selling them out of a garage and from there built a large business from it. We have wheeled together and I really appreciated his insight as he explained how his equipment worked. I have never had a bad experiance when dealing with Glenn.

I have heard from others that have not been as lucky, as parts have taken a long time to show up and some customers have not always been told the truth about the shipping information. These folks are people I have known for many years and trust their word, so it seems that not everyone has been as lucky as me.

Unfortunately we can listen to opinions all day, but they are still just opinions. You should not make up your mind about company (or person) until you have dealt with them directly and have personal experiance with them. And that goes for any of the Zook aftermarket. You have to form your own opinion.
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts