Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Japan.The first character of the VIN denotes the country of manufacture. In Europe, this can be misleading because this can signify the headquarters of the manufacturer. A Vauxhall made on Merseyside will have a VIN starting W since Opel the manufacturer has headquarters in Germany.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I didn't think they made ANY cars in Australia now.
No majors left due to the Lima Declaration of 1975, although there is still protectionism for the majors for the general public against importing private imports. It was the start of the end of Australian manufacturing powerhouses for Australians, intended to help third world countries come out of poverty. Unfortunately, it was big business and corporations moving production industries offshore that ultimately was the benefactor to this day!

Has anyone heard how the world (Earth I assume) is deep in debt? I also ask in debt to whom?

Again, Earth is being destroyed for profit and to whom?

ANSWERS; multi-national corporations that are not held liable for human error, planned or not!

We really need an independent planet of people with powers to change things to do an unbiased investigation into what is going on here on Earth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for all the replys. After a lifetime of working in and around the motor trade I had no idea that a vin number contained so much info about the vehicle. As you all seemed to expect our vin starts with a j and I have to say I was a bit surprised to find that it was made in Japan.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Japan will be the base plant, but it could be made in Taiwan, Portugal or a host of other countries
Toyota have a few models made in the USA but still with a J prefix in the vin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Toyota made in the USA has the prefix 4T or 5T.
Suzuki made in Hungary has TSM, in Japan JS, in China LS5, in India MA3, MBH, in Thailand MMS, in Malaysia PPP, in Brazil 9CD, in Taiwan RKJ and others I could not find out.
I had a Suzuki SX4 made in Hungary (VIN TSMEYB2 .......) and now I have a Suzuki Ignis made in Japan (VIN JSAMFH9 ......).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts