Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i leave in dubai, united arab emirates and i acquired my suzuki jimny 2010 model last november and it is hard to look for a 4x4 shop which sell suzuki jimny parts. i need to modified my jimny to enjoy more in the desert. what i need are lift kit, rear LSD, front and rear bumpers, air intake and also some sand tires.. any brand will do but first i want to know where to get these parts in the UAE..
any suggestion where to find these parts?
thanks..

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi...i am also staying in uae.
I am planning to purchase a jimny next week...
are u happy with the jimny? (apart from it is difficult to find parts/ accessories).
i'd appreciate it if u could share some experiences u had with the jimny...

regarding the parts/ accessories...have u tried the suzuki parts shop in deira? they told me they have a catalogue of original suzuki parts/ accessories. not sure if they have what ur looking for.
where else have u tried looking for the accessories?

i am looking for wheel spacers, lift kits, and roof rack...

by the way, what color is ur jimny?
what was the quoted price? and which branch did u buy it in dubai? i plan to buy mine from the Al Quoz (SZR) branch...

cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got mine in deira suzuki showroom the color is blue 2010 model it think the price is 45K, right now i got no problem the only thing i really want to modify with it is the front and rear bumper because when i go offroad it keep bumping into the deep sand but it is tough, light and the power is also ok.. also need some air intake and LSD for some extra power..

i know some 4x4 shop in barsha but mostly for Jeep and Toyota anyway i think i will go and search that area since it`s been a week when i post this thread.. i will post here if ever i got some parts for my jimny..

thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi my friends...my name is mahmood and i am studying mechanical engineering..i also live in UAE..we have a team but i have a little beast (suzuki jimny) it is really difficult to find modifications fo it..but i can help..cuz i installed K&N air filter..and im planning for borla exaughst soon...i have a jimny mod 2010 also..it is a very nice car on all terran..if you need any help i will be there about anything you want for it..cuz i know its really hard to find for it but i have solutions better than the original parts...thanks:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello mahmood..I also have a 2010 jimny. I replaced the stock tire (205,70,15) with a 255,60,15 and its really awesome! Anyway its nice to know that there are active jimny owners in UAE. Do u know how can I increase the horsepower for jimny? How much would it cost? Stock is only 80hp..

·
Registered
15 Posts
i still have stock tires but im studying to put a new set without affecting the suspenion and the body..its really awsome to put 255 cuz i only saw 215 and 225..of course you can increase the hp..you can replace the air filter with k&n filter and exaughst system and those are the simple modifications for the lowest price..and for the 255 the most important thing is to make the friction less so the hp will increase a lil bit a that wont affect the engine power..we can make a nice desert team for jimny riders :) thanks my friend

·
Registered
68 Posts
mahmood where can i buy this k&n filter? how much does it cost?
What would i do to the exhaust system? do i need to buy some parts to replace it?
how much extra horsepower would it give me if i install the k&n filter plus exhaust system?

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey edsteven....any luck finding the jimny parts u were looking for?

got mine in deira suzuki showroom the color is blue 2010 model it think the price is 45K, right now i got no problem the only thing i really want to modify with it is the front and rear bumper because when i go offroad it keep bumping into the deep sand but it is tough, light and the power is also ok.. also need some air intake and LSD for some extra power..

i know some 4x4 shop in barsha but mostly for Jeep and Toyota anyway i think i will go and search that area since it`s been a week when i post this thread.. i will post here if ever i got some parts for my jimny..

thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi..there is a shop called Al tazweed..it sells everything for modifiying the car...about air filter i bought the K&N head only for 200 DHS and the pipe, rubber, clippses for 100 so total 300 Dhs and i installed it on my car..no need to go for garage to install it..about exhaust system i asked for borla types, the muffler and the mainfold(stainless steel) for 900+ original..im not sure about how much those will increase th HP cuz i didnt try it on dyno gragh but im 100 % a big difference you will feel..i can help much better if i meet you..thanks :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Unless you have an extremely restrictive intake pipe you don't end up getting very big power gains from a CAI or Short RAM air intake, but you do feel it when you hit the throttle. The throttle response is very abrupt and punchy when you make the intake and exhaust less restrictive. If you wan't more real power out of the engine you will need to do some modifications to the fuel management, and probably go with a larger throttle body as well, but the intake and exhaust mods are also necessary for that. Even if the inatake and exhaust are all that you do, The increased throttle response and throaty growl are worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi guys...i want to change my air intake and exhaust as per your recommendations...
my jimny is brand new and still under warranty...will these changes make my warranty void?

how much will these changes affect the mileage? i am assuming that mileage will be less...

·
Registered
15 Posts
thats right Baratacus..but the fuel managment is complicated to do...you dont want any mistake..we did change the engine for suzuki samurai from 1.3 to 1.6 VVT..and we managed the fuel injection,ECU........
but the simplest to do and the easiest without mistakes is just to install it without managing the engine and you 100% right its worth to manage it:):)

·
Registered
15 Posts
guillen9494..i asked about that before...from suzuki service probably they will cancel the warranty if you didnt complete the 5000k..after the 5000k you have to pay for the service so it doesnt matter if you put modifications or no...but to be 100% sure just ask them..and about the air fitler it is easy to install it but here you cant find a garage for suzuki will install it for you..so buy the parts and install it and if you need any help let me know...and you can do like what i do..i put the original filter when i send the car to service and i replace it after that..:):) good luck

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yes with the newer vehicles the engine management has to be done through a reprogrammer. Then the program has to be re-set to factory specs every time you take it in for service or repairs. There are some companies that manufacture air intakes and exhausts that comply with factory specifications Those will not void the warantee if installed and you don't need to swap them out when the Jimny goes to the dealership for a visit. I don't know of anyone who makes a factory approved air intake for your Jimny, but I bet there's one out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi Baratacus...my friend i wana ask you about a problem in the gear...when i depress the clutch to press the petrol pedal and when i remove my leg a lil bit form the petrol pedal i feel a click or a tic sound at the back of my car and also when i shift i feel the same click while depressing the clutch and pressing the pertol pedal..so i think it is the diff...also when the car is at rest..i press the clutch and while pressing it i feel a click when i reach the middle point..is that normal?? should i check the gear oil or transfer oil?? do i have to inspect anything??

·
Registered
1 Posts
have u tried the suzuki parts shop in deira? they told me they have a catalogue of original suzuki parts/ accessories. not sure if they have what ur looking for.
Please can you tell me the name of this Suzuki parts shop in Deira? And if you have a location, or phone number, website, please? Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can help. I believe the Samurai lockright fits straight on the jimny diffs. I have heared of them fitted in Jimnies. There is a specialized Jimny forum somewhere out there in the Internet that has seriously nice Jimny stuff.

Also, some in Australia swap out the Jimny transfer case with a Samurai one (called Sierra in Australia). You can either have a converter to activate the Samurai T/C with the electric switches, or you can open a hole in the tranny tunnel and poke the shifter out of it and convert your Jimny into a manual transfer case. I haven't heard of anyone doing it, but I assume it is possible.

With a Samurai T/C installed, the sky is the limit in what you can do with your Jimny.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
hi Baratacus...my friend i wana ask you about a problem in the gear...when i depress the clutch to press the petrol pedal and when i remove my leg a lil bit form the petrol pedal i feel a click or a tic sound at the back of my car and also when i shift i feel the same click while depressing the clutch and pressing the pertol pedal..so i think it is the diff...also when the car is at rest..i press the clutch and while pressing it i feel a click when i reach the middle point..is that normal?? should i check the gear oil or transfer oil?? do i have to inspect anything??

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to answer this sooner. I was in the middle of posting a reply and had to shut down my computer. Later I had thought that I already replied and didn't realise that I didn't send the post before I shut down.

It does sound like the problem may be in the differential or at least part of the drive train. Did your model come with a limmited slip differential? They were an option on some of the later models, and the clutch plates can wear in them, especially if the wrong kind of differential fluid is used. Another thing to check is the universal joints on the drive shafts. If they are wearing out, the first indicator is for them to start making noise as they develop more and more slop in the joint. Checking the fluid in the cases is always a good idea. Doesn't hurt anything to check. Keep an eye out for sediment, small metal flakes or particles, black/burnt oil.

What things have you replaced or repaired lately in the drivetrain? Clutch? cables? bearings?

I hope this helps you out. I don't have much first hand experience in the later model Jimneys since they stoped making them in the U.S. (samurai) back in the '90s

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to answer this sooner. I was in the middle of posting a reply and had to shut down my computer. Later I had thought that I already replied and didn't realise that I didn't send the post before I shut down.

It does sound like the problem may be in the differential or at least part of the drive train. Did your model come with a limmited slip differential? They were an option on some of the later models, and the clutch plates can wear in them, especially if the wrong kind of differential fluid is used. Another thing to check is the universal joints on the drive shafts. If they are wearing out, the first indicator is for them to start making noise as they develop more and more slop in the joint. Checking the fluid in the cases is always a good idea. Doesn't hurt anything to check. Keep an eye out for sediment, small metal flakes or particles, black/burnt oil.

What things have you replaced or repaired lately in the drivetrain? Clutch? cables? bearings?

I hope this helps you out. I don't have much first hand experience in the later model Jimneys since they stoped making them in the U.S. (samurai) back in the '90s
I bet they're the U-joints. Sounds like it from the description.

I also had a similar problem when I lifted my Samurai. When I fitted the drive shaft spacers, the screws that came with them were thin, designed for the older model Samurai, while my 91 Samurai had large holes in the diff and T/C flanges. So it made a similar noise, when I move the car from rest or accelerate suddenly, the flange would rotate before the drive shaft does, then the noise comes out with the flange knocking on the thin screws. It took me a while to find out where it was coming from, then I bought a new set of screws that are the same thickness as the stock ones, and the same length of the new ones, and problem solved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thank you very much Baratacus and alternator..for now im goning to check the fluids..then i will check the clutch plates,u joint and i was worried if the teeth got damaged or something... i didnt change anything in the whole gear system..so i will inspect the clutch plates and fluids..and i will check the screws also to make sure..i asked some guys also they have jimnys but the relpy was so stupied they said cuz it is gulf specifications..i drove my friends car and no any nosie or clicking..so of course i will follow your advice and if i had anyproblem i will tell you guys..

Thank you very much :D:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts