Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Suzuki experts.

I can't seem to find the PCV valve on my Verona 2k5... I'm very mechanically inclined and was hoping there would be some documentation with a nice diagram or picture - I like picture books, audio tapes and velcro shoes :)

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remove the upper engine cover (4 nuts) and look for it on the back side of the valve cover on the passenger side. It's black in color, is located just above the EGR valve and will have a formed hose connecting it to the throttle body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it!

Thanks a lot Kevin!

I found the valve broken inside the tubing. In my researching travels on the web, looking for the valve, I found several forums with similar problems. I'm led to believe there is a flaw in these pcv valves...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went through the same thing. The Check engine light would come on at times, bought an OBD2 reader, found the valve broken, replaced the valve, cleared the codes and that was that. BTW, I bought a replacement valve from RockAuto.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had same problem

Just finishing up a head gasket replacement on my '04 Epica. Discovered that the PCV valve was broken off just as Verona2k5 reported. The valve body was still screwed into the fitting on the valve cover but the nipple was broken off and still inside the hose. Could not find a direct after-market replacement so have just ordered a new one from the dealer - $12. It does look like a design flaw as the old valve had come apart cleanly at the glue joint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts