Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bros,

aside from truck center, ace hardware..where in cebu can we buy parts and accs for our multcabs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
pretty much...
prices differ in few bucks like the TYPE R alloy wipers(16") its 250.00 in truck center in MASSIVE i got it for 240.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad at all. bro where do u go if u need to fix something on ur cab? can u recommend a good mechanic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
staying in talisay...is ur mechanic good? as long as he doesnt charge up to the nose ;-).

actually as of now there's nothing wrong with my ride. i just want to do preventive... before that certain breaks, i can purchased pc by pc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it really necessary to convert ur wheel on mags? is there really significant improvement on performance if the wheels are mags? actually im thinking to make my tires roadloag or what they call kargador, commercial mags, or stay ord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
there is also another branch of Massive in Leon Kilat i think. I bought the M3 Side mirror that i'm using now for P848 but if only i hade cash back then, i can get it for P800 only. >_<
For surplus parts, there are a lot of "stalls" along Colon St. near Progress or was that Sun Gold...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@gnm
i think that's not a problem after all my workplace is in ayala. so its just a fair drive going to talamban.

@blue
good tip blue. do u have any idea if how much the price of window visor (...am i using the right term?)?


my project right now is to setup a canopy and 2 3-sitter benches at the back. roughly how is it going to cost me?

guys u got any idea if how much is that plastic-like canopy? i also saw other zuks using steelframes covered with canvas for their canopy. which one do u think is best plastic-like or canvas covered?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
cityboy said:
is it really necessary to convert ur wheel on mags? is there really significant improvement on performance if the wheels are mags? actually im thinking to make my tires roadloag or what they call kargador, commercial mags, or stay ord.

FYI, people always get wrong with this term, "MAGS". Mag wheels are already long time dead, engineers dont use magnesium nowadays in making rims but rather Alloy for its more durable and lighter.

So,

Mags = magnesium = soft and heavy

Alloy = light and hard ;)


And,

yes, there are significant improvements if you will choose the right rim and wheel, and they are the speed, grip, and control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
cityboy said:
@gnm
i think that's not a problem after all my workplace is in ayala. so its just a fair drive going to talamban.

@blue
good tip blue. do u have any idea if how much the price of window visor (...am i using the right term?)?


my project right now is to setup a canopy and 2 3-sitter benches at the back. roughly how is it going to cost me?

guys u got any idea if how much is that plastic-like canopy? i also saw other zuks using steelframes covered with canvas for their canopy. which one do u think is best plastic-like or canvas covered?
rain gutter you mean ;)

If you are into so called "kargador" looks, choose the steelframed built, but if you are into descent alloy wheeled look coupled with tubeless descent tires, choose the rubberized plastic built.


by the way, what model do you owned, Suzuki Carry or Suzuki Every? Not Multicab, its only a Filipino-term of calling the car :) only the body is the difference; van, pickup, double cab, or fb type.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
suzuki carry. is it ok to do tune-up without doing change oil? can u recommend a gud mechanic for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Chip, you're right! Mag is short for Magnesium.

Wheels of 'old' were not made up of pure Magnesium but rather of magnesium alloy. Some alloying elements were added to magnesium to create lighter than steel wheels. The Alloy you're saying, maybe, is Aluminum alloy. Magnesium alloy wheels are light. And btw, magnesium is less dense than aluminum, but costs more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Cityboy, if you want to go for looks rather than comfort and improved mileage, you can go for 'kargador' tires. Btw, is you're ride lifted, 'coz if it's not, you need some face 'lift' in order to accommodate them, hehe? 'Kargadors' are very tall tires.

I have a 4x4 pickup with the fiberglass canopy that you're referring to (sorry I can't provide you the price for them). It also came with 13" wheels and 'kargador' tires. Personally I don't like the tires, tho it looks good, giving my ride an offroader look. It's very noisy on the road, hummms a lot, which I find annoying. I'm planning to replace them next month with commercial/passenger type tires, maybe the 165/80R13, still a tall tire but without the large spikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
lance_pad said:
Chip, you're right! Mag is short for Magnesium.

Wheels of 'old' were not made up of pure Magnesium but rather of magnesium alloy. Some alloying elements were added to magnesium to create lighter than steel wheels. The Alloy you're saying, maybe, is Aluminum alloy. Magnesium alloy wheels are light. And btw, magnesium is less dense than aluminum, but costs more.
nasa Wikipedia kasi...

Aluminium wheels are often mistakenly called "mag wheels"

hehe.:D

anyway, mahal talaga ang alloy rims, sa aking nga lang almost 20 thousand pesos na nagasto e 13" lang ito. lalo na sa mga american cars, may nakita ako rim set lang worth more than 100 thousand pesos na, hehe. rims nalang kaya ang patakbuhin kasi worth more than 100 thousand na then papatong nalang parang circus :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
cityboy said:
@gnm
i think that's not a problem after all my workplace is in ayala. so its just a fair drive going to talamban.

@blue
good tip blue. do u have any idea if how much the price of window visor (...am i using the right term?)?


my project right now is to setup a canopy and 2 3-sitter benches at the back. roughly how is it going to cost me?

guys u got any idea if how much is that plastic-like canopy? i also saw other zuks using steelframes covered with canvas for their canopy. which one do u think is best plastic-like or canvas covered?

hi cityboy, sorry ngaun lang nakapag post uli... well dito sa atin sa cebu the canopy should be around 2K to 3K, fiberglass made yun... mas magaan ung fiberglass, which means makakasave ka ng fuel compare sa steel frame na may canvas. and ang canvas, katagalan, na bri-brittle...

ung "window visor" naman, i think it should be around P300 - P400 ata:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mga bro,

gusto ko mag pa tune-up ng zuki where ma recommend nio na mechanic na hindi naman overkill maningil?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
hmmm, i usaully do the tune-ups by myself. I havnt tried it personally but a friend of mine suggest that you try along katipunan st. kung galing kagn V. Rama or N. bacalso, then papasok ka sa katipunan, meron dyan auto shop papasok. actually marami dyan, usually malapit sa Baptis Church. pero hindi duon. sa unahan ng kaunti, meron parang nag bebenta ng equipments and acc para sa airsoft na bb guns... heheheh ang gulo no?

cge, pag makakadaan ako dun, kukunin ko ung name and number. nakalimutan ko eh... sory
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top