Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I blew the accessory fuse (cigarette lighter socket) . The fuse is in the fuse box tha t is supposed to be "under the steering column"....anyone has seen that animal with bare eyes or does one have to dismantle the whole instrument panel to get at it ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
It should be on the side of the car just above the bottom of the dash. You need to get down at pedal level to see it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The clinker is, that you have to unbolt the fuse panel to do anything with it, because the fuses face the side wall of the car. They don't face the driver.

There is another fuse box under the hood, next to the battery.

Have fun!

:cool:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for late update...yes, found it...one needs be a contorsionist to position in order to see and pull the fuses..and a good light source is mandatory ...and finally, all fuses were OK...and power was available at the plug..I'm not sure why I could not detect it before...probably wrong positioning of the accessory I was trying to power up...
..but in the end, how is it possible that the fuse box, a primary utility , could be located in such an awkward place ..eh, if something happens at night in cold weather, you will be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of ever being able to see, test or change a fuse... wasn't the glove box invented just for that purpose...?

·
Registered
388 Posts
You've got the directions do you need the map :-D

If it's the centre dome light that's stopped working my bet is that the bulb is faulty. The metal end caps on Festoon bulbs are soldered to the lead coming out of the glass then the ends of the bulb are polished. Check out the tip of the bulb with a magnifying glass. Chances are that you'll see that the solder joint has cracked and the filament isn't connected to the end cap. After a series of short lived bulbs I've put in a LED replacement that seems to be lasting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i found the box and replaced the tiny fuse after i took the whole panel off by the drivers shins, haha. lights are working. i must hire a small child to do the job in the future

·
Registered
94 Posts
In my 2008 SX4 the fuses face the driver (the panel on the side wall) you just have to have a rubber neck or back in through the door way. :D The fuse puller tool is in the fuse box adjacent to the battery, it makes it a lot easier to remove a fuse. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5 Posts
In UK 2017 SX 4 fuse box is in passenger's side have to take glove box out to get into it. Still can't find the one for front cig lighter any one found it

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In UK 2017 SX 4 fuse box is in passenger's side have to take glove box out to get into it.,,,,
Of course..in UK, ..the steering in on the right side.....passenger on the left.
in 2017,, this "SX4" is a S_Cross, nowhere related to the classic SX4 ; in most countries, they have dropped the name SX4 for the S-Cross...it is called Suzuki S-cross, period, to avoid confusion.
example: https://www.suzuki.com.mx/autos/s-cross
This forum has a dedicated place(although not listed) for the S-Cross:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts