10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI....
Sorry it's an SJ 70 built in 92/3 for some reason I keep thinking it's an LJ
from the out side it looks like an LJ 80 series sierra

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Ok, found one on the net. It looks like the SJ70 was basically the same model as the late model US Samurai. EFI motor and steel fenders. Looks like it was still leaf sprung. That would be the 1989 to 1995 Samurai.
Does that help?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
there is no EFI and it does have the steel wheel arch/flares
it's a strange one
oh it does have leaf springs
Wow. First 'carby' I've heard of with steel fender flares.

I wish I had more info about specs for models outside the US. I have most of the US brochures/specs lists, but only a few from outside the US.

Well, as long as you know what you have, you should have no trouble getting parts from the Zook Vendors. Most of the good ones here in the US will work with you on what you want to achieve - and then ship worldwide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weird isn't it

maybe it's a samuri re-badged a sierra
but definitely a sierra by all the vin plates etc...
just weird

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as soon as I say it's an SJ 70 parts triple in price here in my part of the world
Perth Australia

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand that these suzuki's have been sent all around the world
however on two particular suzuki websites that I cant find at the moment
there is no mention of the SJ-413/SJ 70 model, everything on the web I have seen on the time line has not included this particular model and not sure why

now I'm even a little more confused after reading this website

The History of Suzuki Samurai

AKA SJ-413 / SJ 70 sierra

·
Registered
201 Posts
i too own an SJ70, a 1994 model. i have found it is hard to find much, if at all, on the internet or anywhere else for that matter... im sure this model is the same as a samurai, but here in australia theyre known as sierras.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi ya...

yeah it's a sierra alright, Not sure of your location but it seems really hard to get parts for this particular model in Western Australia unless your in the know...

cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a sj70. Its a 1990 sierra and it is carby fed, has metal flares and has leaf springs. As said before, the price of parts can be interesting, I went to the local suzuki dealer when I was looking for a new soft top and they told me to get an aftermarket top because they were to expensive... not the best salesman out there... and ebery other time I have had to get something to fix the sierra I have to get parts from later models because they didn't have parts for the '90 model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Strange isn't it...

when I go for parts the price just about triples or they haven't got them for any sierra...

but other people can get parts like there is no tomorrow for the same model

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mines a SJ70 too
1993 New Zealand new softtop, Samurai badges
Ive never seen another SJ70 softtop here, and very few tintops.
Steel flares, leaf springs, 1298cc carby motor, 3.73 diffs, square heater vents, vinyl seats and door cards.

I find most of the parts places dont have listings for SJ70, but most parts are the same as SJ413 (the wheel bearings and seals I got are)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts