Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a newbee and i need a back seat so my daughter can ride along with me. Does anyone know of any aftermarket seats, or a seat that will fit from another vehicle? My samurai aparently has never had a back seat in it, and dont know if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've got mine still in the attic. You will need the part that it bolts to the floor in to in the back... I may have that too... No other seat will work or fit.
You don't say what your location is.

thanks,
george

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got mine still in the attic. You will need the part that it bolts to the floor in to in the back... I may have that too... No other seat will work or fit.
You don't say what your location is.

thanks,
george
Hey George I live in Ft. Worth Texas. If you are close enough how much would you want for it?

Thanks,
Jake

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
1991 was the last year that the backseat was an option. But the mounts were still there all the way up to 95 when they stopped Samurai sales in the US. If the holes aren't there in the sheet metal, look under the floor and you will find the mounts. You just have to be careful drilling the sheetmetal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have heard of others using a Jeep CJ rear seat. I read it and saw pics on another forum.
Also check out craigslist. We have a few people here in SoCal parting out entire rigs and one person just selling the back seat. They are out there, just look around.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Does your samurai really don't have a back seat?...I don't know if my cousins' still with him and I don't know if he's selling it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I got rid of my stock seat a while ago and put in a jeep seat. I'm pretty sure mine's out of a YJ. They are a lot more comfortable than the samurai seats. More spring and padding to them. The mouting brackets will line up with the stock holes for the samurai.

The larger seat back with it's side wings also makes it more comfortable for two adults to sit next to each other or you can seat 3 children across.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I have been thinking about gettting a back seat, too.

Does the seat attach to the body using clamps (preferred) or must one bolt it in each time it is needed (which would be a hassle)?

Thanks,
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The back seat hinges on the front mounts. If you replace the hinge bolts with pull pins, you can fold the seat forward and then pull the pins. Let's you then pull the seat completely out...
;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
On the jeep seat the front brackets are bolted to the floor and they have pins across the tops of them. The seat has two brackets hanging down with holes that the pins slide into. The seat brackets are secured to the floor brackets with "C" clips or spring clips. It makes it very easy to remove the seat whenever you want. The brackets that bolt to the floor remain though, so you have to be carefull not to put somthing on top of them. I havn't done it, but my friend tossed a sack of mortar on top of one when he was helping me load up my bags of cement. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi iam looking for a back seat for my 1994 Suzuki Samurai when I bought the vehicle it didn't bring it I have the same reason he has I will like to take my daughter to the beach in it but the back seat is missing I live in Newark Nj but have family in Florida, Boston, Connecticut, Puerto Rico my Number is 9739319357 will like to know something ASAP Thanks att;William Ramos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts