Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Permatex grey is as good as anything, make sure surfaces are clean (wipe with a rag and brakekleen or similar) and leave it to cure 24 hrs before filling

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Grey or black RTV
Heathen, you only use black on Diesels so the oil leaks don't show thru it hehehehee

the grey permatex RTV is universal and works well. Its your call what colour you use, grey, black or even red if you want to draw attention to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for quick response from 2013GV and aquanaut20.
I am wondering if I can get something similar to the original sealant as it has been held up for more than 20 years without leak. It is whitish, and still elastic in nature, but very easy to be removed once it is exposed.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
the original sealant is a "suzuki bond" item, its a white version of permatex grey. Surface prep is the key, clean and dry it sticks, if you wnat easy release, clean surface then wipe with an oily rag so the RTV doesn't stick to the metal. Personally, id rather rub it off with my fingers and know its stuck to the metal and isn't going to leak. You can just about get away with a line of cotton thread and some grease if you wanted to, the cases are usually that good a fit. 2 lines of silk thread is all Lycoming use on their engine crankcase halves.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you all for your great feedback. I am not in the process of putting everything back and come to the 5th gear section. I remembered when I remove the 5th gear something flied off when i take off the 5th gear from "Input shaft". and "5th & REV gear shift guide shaft".
now after study the manual I found out the thing flied off is called "C-ring" . see attached image.
But I have no idea what this "C-ring" look alike and where I can buy this "C-ring".
I hope anyone who can help me to get this "C-ring" or advise me if I do not install such a "C-ring", will it matter much for the manual transmission to function correctly
C-ring.jpg

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
The C ring is critical and must be installed. The circlip holds it all in place. Can you give is the gearbox model number off its nameplate please. Hopefully someone will have an exploded parts diagram.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
my transmission is this one.
the C-ring is on the gear shift guide shaft (reverse), the circlip is on the gear shift shaft.
what I missed is the one on the gear shift guide shaft, I still have the the circlip is on the gear shift shaft. see image marked in red.
hence my question is how serious if I not able to find and install the C-ring is on the gear shift guide shaft.
anybody can tell me what this C-ring look alike?

NameModel Code ModificationModel ManufacturedFrame ColorBody RoofTransmission
Baleno/EsteemSY416SY416 (E03,E28,E33,E60:MY 1999)SY41699 MODELZ2A5DRN/SUN ROOFMT

21 - 28 of 28 Posts