Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Kizashi just turned over 36,000 and I noticed some squeaking coming from the brakes when I push the brake pedal. After calling a couple places in the area for a general idea as to how much new brakes will cost, two of the Suzuki dealerships thought 36,000 miles was way too low to require new brakes. In fact, one of them stated this would be the first Kizashi they would be replacing brakes on. All my previous cars were lucky to go 25,000 without needing brakes. My wife's SX4 had the front brakes replaced at about 24,000. What would the norm be with a Kizashi before front brakes would be required?

·
Super Moderator
17,832 Posts
Brake wear (mileage) is all contingent upon the type of driving you do (stop and go?) and how aggressive your driving style.

The good news is that a visual inspection of the pads (for the thickness remaining) is easily done, and FREE of charge at the chain type brake establishments, or a DIY. ;)

A good rule of thumb is to replace when down to no less than a 1/8" of remaining pad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, might some more aggressive driving than is necessary, but it is a fun car! That's what I was debating on doing, just going to one of the chain brake places and have them take a quick look. Good way to spend some time during lunch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts