Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a 2001 ignis about 6 months ago and has been a great daily driver to work and personal jobs.

I had a issue this morning when I pressed the unlock on the key did nothing but the little led flashed...... Weird so I used the key to open the door and put the key in the ignition to turn it on and it started doing the alarm and all.... I tried pressing the key to stop it but wouldn't.... Any ideas? Is it a immobilizer problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
First thing would be to replace the battery in the key and clean battery contacts, when going flat, they will light the led but not activate anything

Reactions: Bbyfoz

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,520 Posts
Just because the battery is new does not mean good, clean battery and contacts in fob.. Us a red rubber eraser (pencil)

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I have had button cells dead out of the packet many times, they have volts, but produce minimal current.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Remove the immobiliser - it's the world's most annoying car part (apart from low opening tailgates with corners, AKA Ford ECO).

The factory immobiliser is the wiring harness disruptive PnP type. Someone here once removed one and lived without further life disruption ever after! If you lay on the front floor and look up, you will see it fastened to the frame up above the steering column with a single security head screw.

Ac adapter Adapter Adapter Gadget Cable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts