Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi any 1 no wot size rims n tyres u can go up 2 on a jimny? i was thinking of 16inch alloys n 215 75 tyres if its possible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by travstar@Nov 1 2004, 09:41 AM
hi any 1 no wot size rims n tyres u can go up 2 on a jimny? i was thinking of 16inch alloys n 215 75 tyres if its possible
Hi there,I've just upgraded my Jimny with the xl 7 16 inch rims..Im running 235/60/16 tyres currently...it handles great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow i had no idea that u could get away with 16 an a 235 tyre ill go 4 that were d get yer new wheels if u dont mind me asking

·
Registered
10 Posts
that's a 27inch tall tire!!no fender rub with proper offset thou, but what tire are you running on Warren ?a H/T or A/T and what brand? a broader tire wil give a better handling, but wil definitely cause fuel consumption to rise!! :blink:

InkCredible
"How small is too big , how big is too small?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello. :)
these are abbreviations for Highway terrain, All terrian, and Mud terrain tires...

all have different thread patterns for specific purpose.example, A/T tires can have 70% on tar road performance and 30% cross country terrain performance..A/T have a tougher and deeper thread opposed to the H/T which is mainly on road use.

of course, the taller the tires, the broader they are wil definitely affect fuel consumption,lost acceleration and lower mileage.

do select the correct category for your tires if you intend to purchase a new set then?it is not true that A/T's are noisier! the good size to fit the jimny is 205/70R15 with standard suspension and if you dun mind another size up which is 215/75R15. this size wil not clear the wheel arch/fender if you bring the jim off road.the standard stock suspension is too soft therefore articulation of the axle wil cause rubbing within the wheel arch/fender with the tires!!!!

MR INKCREDIBLE
"What good is a ship if it never leaves its dock? "

·
Registered
10 Posts
205/70R15 is metric size which indicates the height to width ratio and rim diameter.do spend time to look and read your tire wall.max psi and vehicle load are also imprinted there.there are also more detailed info like date of manufacture tire ply and tire wear indicator in between the rubber threads..there are tires that reads in inchie, example:31" 10.5" R15...
http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

try the above to do easy conversion...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello

I have put 215R15 tyre's on mine but i had to lift the body, and i still get some body rub when i am off road. i am thinking about cutting some of the front wheelarch out to stop this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
do visit our team's site for any useful JB33-JB43 jimny's info and tech stuff..

http://www.re2000.com.sg/pro_rv/

Most of the rigs are running up with tire sizes from 235/75R15 to 30".
stock jim's with 215/75 wil not be able to clear the tire wells/arch when offroading due to soft stock/factory suspension setups while articulation occurs.a reasonable suspension lift of at least 2inches up and probably one inch body lift would be just great.offset of the rims makes a difference to the clearance of the body too...in fact i recommend the fender be trimmed as to get even much more clearance! ;)

MR INKCREDIBLE

·
Registered
44 Posts
more lift is next on the list, as i had a rock try to rip out my transfercase in the weekend while i was crossing a river. :eek: does not apaer to have done too much damage thou, only snaped the crossmember holding it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts