1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gentlemen!
My plan is to install those wheels:
KMC - Wheels
17'' , 8'' width with +35mm offset. They are supose to fit like they seller of KMC say but does they will fit with 245/65 or 70/R17 tire without problem?
(except the front iner plastic, w heat gun no prob)
My plan is to lift the GV with 1-3/8'' SR lift kit.
Somebody know the precious answer?:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I cant say whether those wheels will fit or not, but i can say that 245/70/17 tyres will fit on the standard 17" Alloy rim without too many modifications to the inner guard plastics.
If that helps at all :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey QuebecMachine,

The wheels will fit only if you use at least 9mm of spacing. So a 10~15mm spacer should work ok.

The wheels will also protrude at least 38mm further out than the standard ones. As a result, the tyres might hit the side panel during flexing.

245/65R17 will fit without hitting the guards much but as Andylewer mentioned, the 245/70R17 will rub a bit on the front and rear of the front plastic inner guards during cornering.

245/70R17 tyres are 779mm outer diameter and would normally need minor mods to the guard if used on the standard rims. (17x6.5 +45 offset)
But because of the offset of the new rims, the tyres would stick out further. Because of this, you might need to cut more of your guards out.

Just to note: 245/65R17 tyres are 750mm in diameter.
Standard 225/65R17 tyres are 724mm in diameter. (on most GV's)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts