Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Thanks Goat. I will try looking for that. My leak is very small. A few drops on the pavement after several days in the garage. I am from Louisiana. Loved the off roads and outdoors there much more than out here in CA.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
VG3 LOW miles.;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
mileage on suzuki and tracker

I have a 1994 MINT Sidekick JS 4 door automatic. It looks 2 years old. It has 90000 on the clock, over 55,000 of those miles being towed from Mass to Florida from 1994 to 2011. Bought from the Grandson after his Grandfather died.
I have a 1998 2 door Chevy Tracker 5 speed with 72000 original miles. This one is currently having the body rot fixed. It Will be mint when finished. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
190k miles this morning. The last 30k have been since Feb 2012 on 31s or bigger.

Admittedly I am considering getting a 4runner, but just because I want to make another grocery getter into something that can always get home no matter the weather or.road conditions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mileage on suzuki and tracker

I have a 1994 MINT Sidekick JS 4 door automatic. It looks 2 years old. It has 90000 on the clock, over 55,000 of those miles being towed from Mass to Florida from 1994 to 2011. Bought from the Grandson after his Grandfather died.
I have a 1998 2 door Chevy Tracker 5 speed with 72000 original miles. This one is currently having the body rot fixed. It Will be mint when finished. :D
How much will your body work cost, and how long will it take... That sort of thing is not available here. Bodywork is all covered by insurance, so you have to pay $125 per hour to get anything done.

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
114 Posts
150,000 miles on my '91 Tracker -- mostly highway miles getting to the thousands of jeep trails from Canada to Mexico.

Still works like new. I attribute most of that to routine maintenance and changing the oil every 2,000 miles. Looks almost like new except for some minor paint deterioration. That's what I get for not having a garage -- but it's an easy fix.

She now has new rear shocks, new tires, new battery, new wiper blades, new windshield (from dusty jeep trails), etc. and is ready for another 30 years -- am I???????

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a rusty old 1992 Sidekick.. it has a 16v engine. The engine has been replaced somewhere along the line, as I see the tell tale marks from the auto wrecker. It has 387,523 km on the speedometer... I have no idea how much of that is on the newer engine. I just bought it for crawling around the bush here in Canada.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting. My Tracker made in Canada is marked in miles and only has five digits on the Odometer -- so it only goes to 99,999 miles. I assume that the Kilometer models have six digits????? Or did the Miles models change to six digits in 1992?????

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sidekick Sport has 6 digits on the odometer?? So is it in mile or kilo??

·
Registered
7,794 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bought my 98 Sport @ 379000 kms and got transmission rebuilt 2018, got engine rebuilt @ 392000 km's and up for it's first oil change this week. Only one spot for rust directly behind back wheel and left tail light. Very difficult place to stick a welder in to cure it.. Inside does not seem to be as big as I would hope for . Could be the fat back seat that takes up so much room.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I got my Tracker, the first thing I did was remove the back seat. That made a BIG difference for me. I've only had to re-seat the seat a couple of times to carry four people.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have tried to get the mother in law to hold onto the roof racks but to no avail. I need that back seat for now. As inventive as I like to think I am , I just do not see getting the back seat to be thinner or just one sided.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I have tried to get the mother in law to hold onto the roof racks but to no avail. I need that back seat for now. As inventive as I like to think I am , I just do not see getting the back seat to be thinner or just one sided.
Get rid of seat and mother in law, both are aggravation you don't need

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
114 Posts
Come on now, we have to prioritize.

Get rid of the MIL FIRST. Then you can decide on the back seat.

You just might decide to keep it -- the back seat, I mean!!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts