Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
A PVC would be connected to the crank case. PVC = Positive CRANKCASE Ventilation.

I do not remember any sensors on the firewall end of my 16v motors.

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts
Is your photo upside down? Are you talking about the black thing that looks like a 'hat'? Are there 2 vacuum hoses attached to it on either side? It looks like the EGR modulator.

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts
It just dawned on me (thinking that your photo is upside down) that this is your throttle opener at the rear of the TB. Assuming you are 8v.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The manifold looks to be a 1996 or later 16v. (It looks like the external EGR pipe at the bottom of the picture. As this is a 1995, could the engine have been replaced at some time?

But 1995 or 1996, I do not see any sensors at that location. The sensor in question LOOKS a lot like an oil pressure switch from this angle. Is it connected to anything? Could it have been just stuck in to plug something?

Did you notice the miss positioned clamp for the brake vacuum hose?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Vacuum modulator.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the engine out and any clips misplaced were me.

I'm pretty certain this is the original engine. And it's definitely OBD1, so i doubt it's a 96 engine somehow.

The hose that led to it looks like it leads down to the trans. It's not something that came out with the engine.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Did a bit more reading and the manifold actually changed mid year 1995. You are lucky on this, the older type EGR plumbing clogs easier and is MUCH harder to clean. :)

"The hose that led to it looks like it leads down to the trans. "

I think Ranger is correct, as your mystery sensor being the line to the Vacuum modulator.... assuming this is a 3 speed automatic.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, the problem is that the pave where it hooks up to broke and I don't know what is used to replace it

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, that vacuum modulator does look pretty similar to what broke.

But the object was attached to the rear of the intake manifold, just like in the original picture and was there while the car was running.

Maybe my vacuum modulator for this year threads into the intake manifold instead of on the trans... i'll have to follow the line down and see where it goes.

I've just been so busy lately.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Does anyone have a '95 that they can check out their manifold and see if this object is on theirs?
When I replied, it was from viewing my '95.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts