Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or is there no difference. because ive compared some photos and they seem the same to me, any information would be much appreciated,

thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Probably none if they are both Japanese built and of a very similar age.
I have a Sierra front end fitted to my SJ413K pickup. The guy that stripped the Sierra reckoned that the only difference between his Sammy and the Sierra that he could find was the rear brakes were slightly different.
That said I believe that the US got a narrow axle Samurai, we got that as an SJ413, only the wide axle version was badged as a Samurai in the EU. I'm not sure but I believe that the Siearra may also have been available in narrow and wide axle variants.
In the EU we also get Spanish built Samurais and they have many differences due to a requirement to use a certain proportion of locally sourced parts

·
Registered
328 Posts
US Samurais up until 1990 were equipped with a Hitachi carb with a mixture control solenoid controlled from the ECM. 1990 introduced single point fuel injection.

Other markets used an Aisin carb until fuel injection was introduced.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, it's amazing that the Samurai was sold in the US until 1995. Same vehicle that was sold all over the world. "Safety" police pretty much ended that in '96.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay then, very int6eresting, yeah i had a look it seems my "sierra" is an sj70 which seems the same thing as a sammy i think it is just different countries have different names as im in australia

·
Registered
105 Posts
Okay then, very int6eresting, yeah i had a look it seems my "sierra" is an sj70 which seems the same thing as a sammy i think it is just different countries have different names as im in australia
yeah there is not much difference between the samuria and the sierra the only thing i've found so far is that there is different fuel intakes like throttle body injection and the hitachi carby and the aisen carby i also live in oz so i had the aisen carby on my sj70 widetrack sj413

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahkay fair enough, well i did go on the suzuki parts website and there is a sj70 section but no mention of a sj413 soo this makes sense as to why they are the same then lol

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
there is only sj410 and sj413 the easyest way is to tell by the bonnet hump the sj70 is a sj413 have a look at the spare parts listings
There were two commonly available models of the SJ413, the narrow track version and the widetrack version.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lokdzuk I beg to differ
There are many differences between SJ413 and Samurai (SJ70)
Dash board, steering wheel, gauges, door cards, fender flares, repeater indicators axle width, grille, engine cc, gearbox ratios, diff ratios, front diff carrier, bumpers, all different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts