Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the thread List the new Suzuki car or suv you have.
Then list what you would have liked to of had when you bought the vehicle.
Then list what your plans are for the vehicle in the future.
Comment on everything you like or dislike about the vehicle,
For example. The roof line is to high, Or the breaks are fade under hard breaking.
After I get enough responses I will put them in order by model and email it to Koichi Suzuki. I will then post any response he gives me, Without his email attached. This might not do any good, But what the hell. Your here anyway.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd like Suzuki to continue its partnership with GMDAT and give us the next-gen Forenza sedan, hatch and wagon. While some Suzuki fans were resistant at first to the GMDAT models, the Forenza has a good fan base now, and I'd hate to see that group of loyal Suzuki buyers put off by the lack of a wagon and a smaller overall car (Swift). Also, I'm doubtful that Suzuki could "value pack" a car like it does with the Reno. Keep the Forenza range!

Oh, and TTGOTH, make sure to use nice paragraph formatting when you send to Mr. Suzuki -- your post above makes my eyes sad. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. The Swift Sport is going to get here. Just not sure when, From what i have herd they will first start racing the Swift Sport in the SCCA Tunner series, And after some drewl time they will put it up for sale. The Swift might be a replacement for the Reno, But with GM selling most of it's share of Suzuki Auto who knows???? I'm with you, I like the GMDAT product. But a Swift Sport in my driveway, Well SEE YAA RENO.

·
Registered
290 Posts
All power to the Swift Sport, but I just don't think it is ready to do quadruple duty as both the Aerio sedan and Forenza / Reno / Forenza Wagon replacements.

Not to mention 'Zuki can't make enough Swifts worldwide to satisfy demand as it is AND it shares the currently constrained SX4 production lines. How do they expect to make the 4,000 per month of Forenzas alone when they can hardly build 2000 SX4's?

Oh, and sounds good with the final posting. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they will manage. They are the fastest growing car manufacture.
I think this is only because of the GMDAT products, Had they not got in with GM on the Daewoo deal they would have a tough time getting the dealer support they need to become big. I think they will follow what Kia did after the merger with Hyundai, I see a U.S . plant being built. That’s just my opinion. But Suzuki has shown that it can build as many car models as needed to satisfy the markets. The Aerio is on its last leg in the U.S. so who knows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
These points only really apply to Suzuki cars, not so much their SUVs:
A) Give every suzuki an excellent sport suspension option
B) Small + Light weight + small engines
C) Bring the (next?) Swift to the US. But make sure the next Swift Sport is VERY competitive with the Mini Cooper S and the Civic Si.
D) Scion style upgrade catalogues
E) Emphasize the relationship in engine design to your motorcycles.
F) A highly customizable Mini style web store.
G) Watch the US market carefully, as soon as Honda or Toyota moves on a super-subcompact (smaller than Fit or Yaris) - jump in quickly. Suzuki makes the best kei-cars in the world - if given the option, bring to America what has made you great in Japan.
H) Emphasize your naturally aspirated power - right now Honda is pretty much handed the N/A crown - but their cars are becoming heavier and heavier. Higher performance N/A engines at cheap price points in your product line. Emulate the old Honda B16 and you will have a giant fan base.
I) Make sure that when a magazine wants to test these cars, they are provided with the fully optioned cars. Top of the line engine (if their are choices) and the best suspension and tires. These cars should be fully optioned at $15k, and they need to be available to compete in these tests. Provide them for the year long tests. Make these into cars that enthusiasts get to hear about more often - even without lots of television advertising.
J) Reliability! People who know the old Swift lines know that they will pretty much run forever, make sure that in the next 5-10 years, Suzuki reliability is unquestionable.
K) Safety is very important - but don't choose it over weight, complexity, and reliability. Make sure your cars never do poorly in a crash test, but don't worry about winning every time. Do good enough that nobody ever sees you in the bottom half.
K) Forget the fancy gadgets. NO ELECTRIC STEERING!! Don't dampen road feel. The driver should feel the road like the car has manual steering, but without the effort.
L) A Suzuki Sport product line, even if they can't be covered by warranty - bring them out. Superchargers, lightweight flywheels, high end suspension components. Give people the option of getting the best.
M) Optional tires. Regular and High Performance.
N) Get rid of rattles - road, tire, wind are ok, no squeaks, it makes the car seem cheap.
O) FACTORY RACING SUPPORT (not a lot, but just enough to get people involved!)

I fell in love with Suzuki when I lived in Japan from 2000-2003. I was friends with the owner of a Suzuki dealer, and I loved to visit his shop and look at all the car - just great small cars. I owned a 1990 Swift GT for a while, and I wish I still did.

I want to see Suzuki become the greatest mass market small car maker in the United States.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes I can't believe how well Suzuki could do with just a few small modifications. Do you have any association with them, or are you just a fan?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responces, I hoped to have more!!!!!

Well this is the email i am sending, And will not post his email.

Hello Mr. Koichi
It's Kevin again, I just wanted to ask if the Suzuki Swift Sport will make it to the United States? If not, This car needs to be. The Swift Sport is what the Suzuki owners have dreamed of from Suzuki. This car would outsell anything in its price range. We have been waiting for Suzuki to bring us a car like this for years. The Reno was a good start, But with Holden being the engine manufacture and GMDAC making the car its self it leaves us wondering if Suzuki is listening to what we want. Every other manufacture is looking at the trends and listening to its customers feedback, and the results of that work is paying off big time for them. What we are looking for is to have a Suzuki with its own identity, Not one that is built by other manufactures. The cars are of great quality, But in this market I think you could agree that it takes more than that to be the front runner.
If we could have the Reno with an option for the Aerio engine that would be a huge boost. Giving us options on cars so we can make it our own is a great step, The SWT thing is a huge bust. As I have said to you in the past, It takes more than stickers and over prices fake Carbon Fiber to get the Aftermarket going on a car. What I would do is get Suzuki Sport involved in the manufacturing of aftermarket parts for the cars you sell in the U.S. Drop the SWT thing it looks bad for Suzuki.
The one big reason I stay with Suzuki is the fact that you take the time to respond to my emails, I would like to include in this email some things that other owners have said to me about what they would like to see Suzuki do in the near future.
Thank You for your time
Kevin Kern

1 - 12 of 12 Posts