Suzuki Forums banner

Which Suzuki do you own/drive?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to conduct a rough polll just to find out who's driving which Suzuki vehicle. So please take part in our poll and help us get some good numbers!

Which Suzuki do you own or drive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are going to conduct a rough polll just to find out who's driving which Suzuki vehicle. So please take part in our poll and help us get some good numbers!

My "other" is a Wagon R+ with the K14B DOHC engine. I've modified the suspension, fitted 14 inch alloy wheels with 165 14 60 tires. A cold air intake and free flow exhaust system dramatically increase the power and speed of response. I'd love to add performance cams and either larger jets or perhaps a twin carb setup, but so far have been unable to find a supplier for these parts. I'm in China, so that may account for the latter difficulty!

I'd love to hear from others who've "modified" and compete with their Suzuki! My fantasy at the moment is to find an affordable Swift Sport here. They finally began production of the SX4, but imho have made a mess of what should be delightful ride. No all-wheel drive, only 2 wheel disc (drum rear) and a less that adequate 1.6 L power plant that is locally produced. Sigh.

Best to all,

Retro Richard in Qingdao, China

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,249 Posts
I had to select "Other" as my ride is a Tracker.. 4Dr, 4x4, Auto, 2L DOHC,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two Suziooki's

I have an '07 SX4 in black with the manual shift. This car is awesome in the snow and I get better gas mileage than the EPA figures that were on the sticker. I'm getting 25 mpg around town and 29 on the highway. Not bad for a heavy little all wheel drive car. The Imprezza can't touch my little Suzi. The other Suzuki (the red one) is a 2001 Bandit 1200S. I love this bike. It handles great and has loads of power (127 at the crank and about 104 at the rear wheel). I have been thoroughly impressed by the quality of both my Suzuki's. My next Suzuki will be a King Quad utility ATV. I currently have a Rancher 4x4. After that it will be a Grand Vitara to replace the '96 Grand Cherokee that tows the wheeler and gets me to my back country camp. The SX4 just doesn't quite have the ground clearance to negotiate the roads there. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Forenza/Reno are Daewoo's

Why is Forenza and Reno in different categories?. Might as well have the forenza wagon separate also. I mean, they are the same car, just that ones a 5 door, the others a 4 door
Hello Zipper! I am new to Suzuki ownership, but I do know that the Forenza and the Reno are made by Daewoo in Korea. Daewoo is owned by GM, who still owns a chunk of Suzuki. In fact, the XL-7 is a platform twin to the Chevy Equinox/ Pontiac Torrent. The Forenza is sold in Canada as the Chevrolet Optra. (I live so close to the border we see them all the time!) Maybe this is why they are separate?

RedSuzuki1

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hello Zipper! I am new to Suzuki ownership, but I do know that the Forenza and the Reno are made by Daewoo in Korea. Daewoo is owned by GM, who still owns a chunk of Suzuki. In fact, the XL-7 is a platform twin to the Chevy Equinox/ Pontiac Torrent. The Forenza is sold in Canada as the Chevrolet Optra. (I live so close to the border we see them all the time!) Maybe this is why they are separate?

RedSuzuki1
The point is, the Forenza and Reno are the same car. They may be made by GM Deawoo, and sold under Chevy, Deawoo, Buick, and Suzuki, depending on the countery. It maybe called the Optra, Lacetti, or Forenza/Reno, depending on countery, but that dosn't change the point that the Forenza and the Reno are the same car internaly with cosmetic differences. The Escudo/Sidekick/Vitara (and tracker) are under the same, and that covered atleast 2 companys in the same market, wny seperate out identical cars then? Just kinda seemed weird to me

·
Registered
418 Posts
07 Reno, sunburst color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Suzuki owner x 3

Hello, Suzuki forum,

I just purchased a new 2008 Reno for my son, a new 2007 Grand V. for my wife, and a new 2007 Forenza for myself. Hope they work out. I always owned Ford's before... Later Butch.

·
Registered
166 Posts
New to forums and Suzuki

Hello, I have just purchased my 3rd Kick since July of this year (2007) and just love them. They make great D.D.s with 28-32 MPG, 4 wheel drive for the winter snow and a convertible for those hot summer days. Makes a great trail rig too. I have also had 3 of these things (sidekicks and trackers) for parts so far and I am always looking for more. -Ed

·
Registered
14 Posts
08 SX4 SPORT SEDAN(TOURING PACKAGE)
Just got it but so far I love it and what a great deal FULLY LOADED for under $20,000.
Thanks SUZUKI

1 - 20 of 107 Posts