Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 sidekick 2door hardtop jx and i was gonna ask if anyone knows what size tire is the biggest that i can put on without a lift? i want an all-terrain tire and i dont mind if it rubs when i turn real sharp but dont want it to rub alot... any suggestions? thanks for the help ;)

·
Super Moderator
24,972 Posts
Probably 225/75/15, although they are just a bit wide for the stock rim. The stock rim is 5.5", the 225's are supposed to run on 6". I'm running them, and they're not bad on the rims. Some people have been able to get away with the 235/75/15, but most say they have rubbing at full extension and off road.

·
Super Moderator
24,972 Posts
Truly, the safest is the 225/75/15 or smaller (stock I think was 205/75/15 which frankly, gives the best center of gravity and handling). I have never heard of someone running 31's without modification.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am very pleased with 215/75's on my '90. A 1in lift, front only in this pic but nothing rubbed b4 lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with BFG All-Terrians (215/75/15) on Vision Badland Rims(15X8). I am really happy with my choice. Sure helped with stablity, handling and traction. I didn't want too big of tire to overwhelm the "little beast". And I still wanted to be able to turn them if I got into something thick !!
Oh, yeah !!! It looks good too !!! ;)
Will post pics when I have some !!

·
Super Moderator
24,972 Posts
are you hoping for MT or AT replacements?

I also noticed a big drop in power when going up to 235/75/15
Shouldn't be a big drop in power. It would be a drop in acceleration - that is the difference between small and big tires - but you would have a higher top end with the bigger tires. If you ever decided to drive at that speed, of course.
Acceleration with small tires is always faster.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Truly, the safest is the 225/75/15 or smaller (stock I think was 205/75/15 which frankly, gives the best center of gravity and handling). I have never heard of someone running 31's without modification.
I was looking at some 30/9.5r15's, but isnt 9.5 a little wide for stock rims?? anyone else try this?

·
Super Moderator
24,972 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
30/9.5 r15

I bought my Vitara with 30/9.5 R15 already fitted. These are just fine, maybe on max left/right they will rub a bit, but nothing major, as this goes away as the tire wears out.

I'm planning to install a coil spacer kit, just to give it a bit of height, to look better, as the vehicle itself doesn't see much offroad driving.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts