Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm half way through putting the trail tough yj kit on my Sami. The instructions says it is a 6.5" lift and I can fit 33"s so my question is:
What width 33" tires fit on stock samurai wheels and will I need to order backspaced wheels to flex without rubbing? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well I just winged it and I got 15" rims with 2.5" backspacing. For the tires I went with 33x12.5x15 mtr with Kevlar. I was going for something skinnier for the trail but I like the look of this much more. Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like it!!! Maybe some Bushwacker fender flares are on your wish list?

I have the YJ set up on 86 and I love it. Nice "kushy" atv like ride now. I have 31x10.50 BFG's. My YJ set up is Rocky Road. Its a pricey kit but very strong.

Is that a, "missing link" set up on the front? I cant tell for sure from the pic. But anyway I don't have that in the front, just in the back.

Nice Sammy you have there.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it's a missing link up front. I love this lift. When started this samurai I never expected to get that much flex from leaf springs. I should probably get some flares. I love the stock flares but I might need to do like you said and get some bushwhackers to cover body rust repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts