Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the oil in the T-case and Tranny this weekend for the first time since purchased in January and looks like the first time it's even been changed, but I didn't have a large enough wrench for the drain bolts. The local auto parts had a 22MM, but still too small. I ended up using a standard 13/16. worked like a charm but don't want to do that again if it supose to be a MM. anybody know the correct size:confused:

can't wait to get a lift and larger tires so I can fit under the damn thing better, what a pain that was. I went with Laddy Lee 80/90 gear oil and Lucas oil conditioner 50/50 to see if the tranny would get quieter, no dice will need to rebuild it soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
... the local auto parts had a 22MM, but still too small. I ended up using a standard 13/16. worked like a charm but don't want to do that again if it supose to be a MM. anybody know the correct size...
13/16" is 20.6 mm -- still too small
15/16" is 23.8 mm -- could that be the wrench you used? It's only 3.5% larger than 23mm.

Measure across the flats for the correct size.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
13/16" is 20.6 mm -- still too small
15/16" is 23.8 mm -- could that be the wrench you used? It's only 3.5% larger than 23mm.

Measure across the flats for the correct size.
well, i guess it could have been. now i'm unsure. eitherway, i removed the bolt without damaging it and it was pretty tight for a drain bolt. prolly going to get a new wrench just for the Sammy, not sure if my WR450 has a 23MM anywhere, but it doesn't mater either.

Nice mathmatical conversion M93:), eye shooda stad in skool...:mellow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts