Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This coming from my last post,which gears are best suited for running 30" tires?Billjohn,you told me once but I cant remember?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,I was thinking thats what you said.I wanting to go with 31"s but im kinda thinking now about staying with 30's next time I get tires..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice gear chart at: LowRangeOffRoad Samurai Transfer Case

It's the high-range ratio that makes it work on the highway. 30" tires are about 11% oversize, so to get your freeway gearing back you'll need about the same reduction/underdrive in high-range. That's the 4.16 gearset.

You'll need more clearance with 31's, typically about 3" of lift. And they're usually wider (10.5"), so you have to consider rub at full lock. 9.5" tires (up to about 30") fit on standard non-offset 7" rims, don't rub and fit within the stock fender flares (to avoid a ticket in some jurisdictions).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Merlin93...Im wanting my next set of tires to be 30"s but I need just a bit more lift but not much.I have a 2"body so im thinking 1" longer shackles should do my trick.I drive my zuk every day so I want to keep it with in limits for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have a 2"body so im thinking 1" longer shackles should do my trick.I drive my zuk every day so I want to keep it with in limits for everyday driving.
Remember that shackles that measure 1" longer than stock will only raise the vehicle 1/2"
They are worth it though if your main intent is to install something a bit stronger than the flimsy stock shackles...
;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Bill,thats one of the things I have learned here but If Im staying with 235" or 30"s I think thats all I need.Now 31's maybe a different story.If I do end up going with 31's I had been looking at the Calmini 3" lift.It seem simply enough for a back yard wrench turner like me.Like I have said though,I drive my zuk to work & back every day so Im thinking about just staying with 30"s after my 235's wear out.Im really kinda not sure which shackles to go with?The Spidertrax are awesome looking!!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The Spidertrax shackle review was an old one, you may want to check and see if they stillhave them available.
This site is a great place to get info when you are trying to figure out what you really need.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah,guess your right,I havent checked to see if they still have them but that blues finish was cool looking plus,my zuk is blue,lol.I just didnt want to get some off ebay and they not be good quailty...Low range's looks good too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts