Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Iggy babe is having the judder sorted but apparently the dive shaft thread is cross threaded and thus scrap. I am now having to wait until a new driveshaft arrives from Germany. At least this is all covered by warranty.

If I was having a new clutch fitted in say 7 years time would I have had to pay for the driveshaft. :eek:

·
Registered
804 Posts
If I was having a new clutch fitted in say 7 years time
I know you included the word "if", but 7 years seems to be a bit short. Do people other than me actually own cars for that long?

After over 35 years driving, I have only ever had to change two clutch setups;

1 - A dampner spring in the clutch disk broke from metal fatigue, fell out of it hole and jammed the pressure plate springs, preventing disengagement of clutch.

2 - Pressure plate springs (fingers) lost tension at 240,000 KMS, unable to grip disk, clutch disk still looked like new.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you included the word "if", but 7 years seems to be a bit short. Do people other than me actually own cars for that long?

I had an SJ413 for well in to 20 years, a Pajero for about 18 years and many others for about ten years but I think these last ones will outlive me.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts