Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to what’s everybody takes with them when they’re out and about. Whether it would be recovery related or survival related. Whatever. Just wondering.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
survival kit, food and water for 3 days, EPIRB, compressor, chains, recovery straps and shackles, recovery mats and a jump starter pack. Fuel if required, altho I always have 5 litres and a portable 12V pump and some hose with me just in case.

Sound excessive? I got caught on one of our mountain passes and was stuck on the side of the road for 2 days until they got the dozers in to clear the snow. Luckily i had my camp stove with me so i had hot water and warm food. Its cheap insurance, haven't needed the epirb for me, but have used it twice at accidents that are out of cell range.

·
Super Moderator
12,582 Posts
I'd say it really depends on where you are and where you're going - in my case recovery related.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
The beacon i used both times due to serious crashes I came across where there was no cell coverage, and an hours drive or more to the nearest house. Not something I would ever set off unless it was a serious situation, but both times the rescue services commented that it got the injured the help they needed faster than anything else could have. Expensive, but the peace of mind it gives is great.

All up, the kit in the car I've built up over the years is about $1000 but have never needed it apart from the accidents and the one time stuck in the snow.

Chains and recovery straps.....they get used regularly. First aid and survival kit, hope i never use either, but have needed them, glad they were there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Zip ties, basic tools, a multi tool and duct tape. Water is also important. As much as possible, never go solo. Go with a friend or join a local club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts