Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of seats I can put in my zuki new or used or both that will fit with my tuffy console as well??I was thinking about the bucket seats from Jegs??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,thats what I was really wanting to do and they wont break the bank.My next question is how do these ride on the road?I do more on road driving.Im wanting to do a lot to my zuk this year,its pretty stock right now although its in real good shape for TN zuks.Most around here are run down and on farms.Im wanting to put 31's,new bumpers,seats,paint,and top on for sure this year if something else dont break.Would a spring over be enough to fit 31's??

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
For the trail rig - I love them. Easy to maintain, can withstand the elements, keeps your butt in the seat when really off camber... awesome.

But to be completely honest, I believe Suzuki designed the stock seat to be part of the suspension...

Ok, sounds strange. But this is how I see it. The zook has a very rough ride to begin with. When you replace the 'cushiony' stock seats with a sturdy piece of plastic and then cover it with a padded seat cover that really isn't so padded - the ride is even rougher. I have driven the zook with those seats for trails that were a couple of hours away, and I handled it well. But if you expect the less expensive (plastic) seats to be comfortable, then you are only kidding yourself.

Pros & Cons:
Inexpensive to replace - Pro
Sturdy enough for rough trails - Pro
Hose it out after the trail - Pro
Can take the weather with ease - Pro
Doesn't fold forward - Con
Not much padding - Con
Significant other may not be as comfortable, and therefor may not ride with you as much - Con/Pro - your call.

I like them, and I would stand behind them any day as a great inexpensive offroad seat. But if there is a little more money in the budget, take a look at PRP seats. There is also a kit to bolt them directly into your zook and let you ride in comfort. Spidertrax sells kits to mount both types into your zook.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
point taken,lol.Im from the country so I have 4 wheeled plenty in my day(not as serious as you guys)but usually out in the woods on logging roads or creek bottoms.I always came back with something broke,cant afford that anymore,lol.That being said,my zuk will mostly be on the hwy but I do want it to look cool,lol.I like the ZOR front and rear bumpers so im thinking of them.You just dont see clean nice looking zuk's in TN so I want to have one,lol.Money has kept me from doing anything but Im ready to start one thing at a time.I figured if I had questions you guys that do this all of the time could help.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I am currently having my stock seats reupholstered. I like the stock seats for the reasons BillJohn mentioned and restoring them to new condition seemed a great way to go. Cost-wise, it can be pretty reasonable depending on how wild you go. Mine are being totally re-done (including foam padding and heavy-duty but breathable fabric) and will run about $200 per seat. With some different choices, your cost could be lower.

Bruce

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the "Tuffy" console which provides me with a secure location to store stuff in a non-secured vehicle...In conjunction with "The Club" I am comfortable with this arrangement in securing "Sammy". The cup holder is not bolted in place though as it gets in the way of the handbrake, but sits snugly right in front of the console. I have stock seats with mid priced seat covers. I could re-cover the seats but the weather would make it impractical should they get wet, muddy etc....whereas a set of seat covers is cheaper to replace if necessary.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the club?
you do know the 'in' thing to do is _not_ cut the club, but cut the steering wheel?
the wheel is much easier to cut. make one cut then slide the club off.

I think the OEM seats my be nice for some, but not for anyone about 6'4". They aren't all that all that nice. the seat part isn't long enough and the backs/headrest aren't tall enough.

thanks,
george

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If someone wants to steal a samurai... they need to have their head examined. No profit in it... and can you imagine the getaway chase?

"Here we can see the suspects blazing down the freeway at 60mph! This high speed chase is very intense... The stolen vehicle, a 1989 suzuki SJ413.... over to you Bob"

"Yes, that's right Dianne, it appears that someone actually stole a Samurai. According to Consumer Reports, there is a posiblity that the vehicle could spontaneously flip over at any second. Police are trying to keep vehicles away from the Stolen Suzuki, but traffic is backing up as frustrated motorists are forced to remain behind the abducted vehicle."

·
Registered
201 Posts
hahaha thats gold!!!... but i had mine broken into the other day. lost a $20 first aid kit. idiot left a $60 compressor, $50 snatch strap, bout $100 worth of clothes in the back... after drugs probably. sucked in, it had nothing!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think the tough box is a great invesment for any convertible vehicle. People keep stuff that's worth money in their cars and trucks and a convertible is a quick slash with a knife. Also why I never lock my doors. I'd rather have them open the door and steal my stuff than slash a $200 top and steal my stuff.

The club though... I think taking your keys out of the ignition is about all the theft deterent you need for the vehicle itself. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea but you forget about the stupid kid that just wants to take it for a joy ride and trash it and bounce it off a few cars or trees.
Some people have a little switch on the left side of the dash connected to the ignition.
Some more people who run a electric fuel pump have a switch connected to that... that way as long as the car moves, it is considered stolen otherwise it's just vandalised. Different insurance, different outcome. I've even seen some that tie the fuel pump into the seatbelt light so the electric pump only works when the seatbelt connected. How many auto thieves hook the seatbelt before they steal it? :huh:

thanks,
george

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey...I know it's a Sammy.....but I value mine more than the 30-60k money pits these days....:D

I just want the "best" deterrent so someone can waste their time elsewhere in someone else's vehicle....:p

I have been to Northern Canada from the East coast to the West coast to Key West in mine.....I begin another Florida/North Carolina run two days from now....I will absolutely enjoy every second of it.....:cool:

Comfortable Seats!!!....(Even the wife loves it)....;)

"Zero to Sixty"...When it gets there.....:cool:

35 (highway) miles to the gallon....:D

30 Below to 105 Above...No Issues.....:D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hey...I know it's a Sammy.....but I value mine more than the 30-60k money pits these days....:D

I just want the "best" deterrent so someone can waste their time elsewhere in someone else's vehicle....:p

I have been to Northern Canada from the East coast to the West coast to Key West in mine.....I begin another Florida/North Carolina run two days from now....I will absolutely enjoy every second of it.....:cool:

Comfortable Seats!!!....(Even the wife loves it)....;)

"Zero to Sixty"...When it gets there.....:cool:

35 (highway) miles to the gallon....:D

30 Below to 105 Above...No Issues.....:D
spoken like a man who truely loves his Samurai. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Amen!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts