Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I bought my second Esteem a couple of weeks ago. It came with unbranded car alarm system what looks like professionally installed. The previous owner didn't have FOB key. The alarm works great, tried it manually. I want to get a replacement FOB key for it and I don't know where to start. Can any programmable FOB work with this? Does this look like a dealer unit? There are no brand markings on the unit and speaker doesn't have any markings either. Please, take a look at attached pic.
So, need to find out what kind of FOB key i need.
thanks to all!
1998 Esteem 1.6L G16B
View attachment 31289

View attachment 31297

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like these car alarms have sequence of key turns and some door open and closes to activate the programming mode for new FOB key. I think i'll need to find out what makes this alarm FOB go into programming mode and they i think i should be able to use any key to program it to.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If it was dealer supplied I would expect it to have a part number on it. If there is no labelling on it then maybe you could open it and check the PCB for a manufacturer, there should be an FCC number at least.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I opened the box up to look at PCB. It has no labeling other than PEI 3/1/2001 I don't know if PEI is a manufacturer. I looked online and didn't see anything by this company. this unit kind of looks like some Autopage units, but i'm sure Autopage would have their logo all over the unit. Can i look up manufacturer by FCC number?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yes you should be able to find the manufacturer using the FCC number.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked very carefully everywhere on the device and didn't see any FCC numbers. There's only PEI 3/4/01 and PEI 6 RELAY markings. Maybe PEI is the manufacturer, but it doesn't return anything on the web. I wonder if I should just try getting an older 1998 Suzuki Esteem Key FOB from ebay and try to program it? Anyone knows the programming instructions for a typical 1998 Suzuki Esteem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts