Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a Samurai with Toyota axles stuffed with 5.29's and spool rear/Detroit front, 6.5 transfer gears, links and air shocks, 36's on beadlocks, 1.3 DOHC Swift GTi EFI engine, power steering with hydro assist. Has no windsheild or heater box and was wheeled pretty hard.

He also has a clean tin top to go with it that is unmolested. I was thinking swap alll the goodies into the tin top and have a "registerable rig" that would be able to drive around town.

What do you guys think this is all worth? Sorry no pics yet.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
how comfortable are you with fabricating and welding? You realize that if you use the links and airshocks you need to completely redisign your suspension and chassis. You'll need to cut away a lot of the body to make those tires fit, and trying to run that set-up on a stock hardtop's powerplant is going to be rediculously underpowered.

All totaled its probably worth about 5K for the parts. He's probably got closer to 10K into it, but you only buy used equipment for %50 at the most.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
To be honest, I would do something mild with the tintop (they are getting more rare every day, try not to cut it up!) and go out and wheel the snot out of the yellow rig as it sits! You would have a proven rig for wheeling and a collectable rig for other fun. Why re-invent the wheel?

And I agree, you would have to really hack into the tintop if you started moving parts over.:eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I own a Offroad, diesel and performance shop so swaping parts arround wont be hard (well hard yes but possible with the tools and experience I have) but I think your right I have plenty of YJ springs and a brand new set of 31"s sitting arround that would look nice in that tin top and I would be able to drive it alot more and not kill the value. I geuss it will all depend on what the tin top looks like havent seen that one yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts