Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have overheating issues (when idle, low speed), and it looks like my car is missing the thermostat. But of course, when removing the cap, the bolt snapped. See photo linked below. I've spent hours trying to get the bolt off without success. I think it's probably simpler to just replace the entire part.

Anyone know what the part with the stuck bolt is called, or where I can find one?

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
That I suspect is the intake manifold, I could be more definitive if you had taken the time to tell us what vehicle/engine you have, and I suspect that removing the broken bolt might prove easier than locating a replacement.

Try soaking the bolt with penetrating oil before removing it with a vice grip or similar tool, also try "rocking" it back & forth (tighten/loosen/repeat) whilst soaking it - if all else fails cut it off flush with the flange, center punch it and then very carefully drill it out and then either tap it or helicoil it.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Looks like many to chose from and I suspect difficult to find. I'd still try to remove the old one and as said drill out once desperate. I'd also heat the area as much as safely possible.

Mr Fordem is correct, it's the intake manifold. Looks like the 410 as referred to in your other posts.

https://www.catalogs.ssg.asia/suzuki/?lang=en#bWFya2V0SWQ9PXx8c3Q9PTYwfHxzdHM9PXsiMTAiOiJNYXJrZXQiLCIyMCI6IkFsbCBSZWdpb25zIiwiMzAiOiJTYW11cmFpIFwvIFNKIiwiNDAiOiJTSjQxMCAoRTAxKSIsIjUwIjoiRW5naW5lIiwiNjAiOiI4IC0gSU5UQUtFIE1BTklGT0xEIn18fG1vZGVsSWQ9PTEwfHxlcXVpcG1lbnRJZD09MTY1MjB8fHBvc0ZpbHRlcj09TU9ERUwvU0o0MTAsVFlQRS9UWVBFIDF8fGdyb3VwSWQ9PTI1ODR8fHN1Ymdyb3VwSWQ9PTg2MjEw

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies! I already tried drilling it out, but ended up with broken drills bits stuck in the hole, and was unable to drill through the bit. I guess I'll have to just buy an even stronger drill bit :mad:

Anyone know where I can get a new gasket that fits?
And what thermostat is recommended? Car is only used in warm climate (50-95F)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts