Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was pulling off the flywheel I noticed my fuel pump from below. It has a tube coming out from the bottom that appears to be for a vacuum line. However, in the manual I don't see that tube or any vacuum line that goes into the fuel pump. Do you guys have the same metal tube without any hose connected to it on your Samurai? This is located on the rear of the engine up high on the right side (passenger side.) See center of photo and look for L shaped tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So when the pump fails it starts to squirt gasoline all over the engine compartment from that tube? :eek: Brilliant.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You usually get oil out of it, the petrol generally ends up in the sump.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
You usually get oil out of it, the petrol generally ends up in the sump.
Exactly! So then you have two jobs ahead of you. First you change the oil (and hope you caught it in time before it ruins your seals and gaskets) and then spray down the oily mess in the engine compartment. At least the exhaust is on the other side so it doesn't bake on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took me a while to figure out what I was looking at... why is your engine so clean under there?
It is clean because when I got it it had a bad oil leak and there was oily sludge all over the place that had accumulated over time. I'm in the process of rebuilding the transmission and doing some other work on it and I got tired of getting grease and gunk all over me any time I touched anything on it. So I sprayed some degreaser and used my power washer to clean under the hood and under the body. Much nicer to work on it clean now. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts