Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I push in/let out the clutch there is a loud rubbing sound. Very mechanical type of sound, like something binding up. The cluthc works perfectly. I have crawled under the dash as best I can, sprayed every moving part I can see with silicon, white lithium,etc. No better. I did the same under the rig where you turn the adjustment on the cable. I am not any kind of mechanic so I may be missing the obvious. Any ideas? It cannot be a good thing. PG

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue with mine. it sounds like steel rubbing agents rubber. I don't think it is anything to worry about. heck i just keep driving. well between the two of us if it becomes a problem I am sure one of us will tell the other

Luckeydog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there, Lucky Dog, as a matter of fact I DID locate the source of trouble. I got the clutch cable replaced and that was it. Somewhere inside it was either dried out, kinked or bent. It would rub when I stepped on the pedal. Took about 15 minutes and now works perfectly. Hope yours is no worse than this. Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts