Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Does anyone know the replacement name for the round plastic holder the gas door snaps into on the 2005 Aerio LX sedan? (photo attached #3215 with yellow arrow)
I think mine has a piece broken off on the inner top, but not certain as can't can't find a diagram/photo to compare it to. And unsure if they are still made..

Also trying to fix out of alignment/not closing fuel door. The car came back to me this way after loaning to a family member with 2 very rough boys who may have opened it and forced it back....(photos attached)

I'm a 67 yr-old grandma trying to fix this myself...finally as today it was difficult to fully open the door when gassing up. Time to address it. I taped it for now to keep anyone from further "playing" with the tempting open door I've been driving around with for a few years... I never thought to try to fix it myself until today.
Tks!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Darrell!
I found a 02-05 service manual that shows this same part (female inner fuel door holder), part #83372-54G00. I located one on SuzukiParts.com but it's saying "not compatible" with my 05 Aerio so I'm not sure if that's a mistake on their part or what..
For $16 I'll hope for the best..
tks again as your info just confirms what I found after I posted here!
Lynn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got brave & popped the part out. It's clearly got a broken piece that the male holder fits into. So I'm glad I ordered a new one once I knew what it was! Now to fix the fuel door that won't close. (I doubt replacing the holder will correct that) Tks for all the help guys!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts