Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 93 Sami new sending unit gauge is bad ran power to it and it pegs full.
Looking for aftermarket OEM or salvage yard gauge that will work with stock sending unit.
Jeep Toyota ford etc. ill make it fit just so it functions properly.
Thx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Auto meter and others make programmable fuel level gauges. JC Whitney has some for less than 50 bucks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here are the OHM values for the Samurai sending unit. Except for the programmable units, no aftermarket fuel gauge matches exactly. The closest is the 90-0 like on this VDO 301-107 fuel gauge which will show empty when you are down to less than a 1/5 of a tank or so.

Suzuki fuel gauge
empty = 110 +/- 7 ohms
full = 3 +/- 2 ohms
1/2 tank = 32.5 +/- 4 ohms

Running 12v to the gauge will peg it . Try supplying the voltage thru different resistor sizes such as a 100ohm (empty) or 68 ohm (1/3 tank) to see if the gauge shows the correct reading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx. I think it's n the wiring factory wires seem intact. I'm thinking ground issue stays on empty unless I run a jumper wire to gauge wire then goes to full. That was a GM gauge correct? 0-90 ohms?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thx. I think it's n the wiring factory wires seem intact. I'm thinking ground issue stays on empty unless I run a jumper wire to gauge wire then goes to full. That was a GM gauge correct? 0-90 ohms?
Only if you want the gauge to read backwards.:D

The first OHM number when looking at gauges/sending units is for the empty reading, and the second one is for full, so the Suzuki 110-3 or the VDO 90-0 is the opposite of the GM 0-90.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts