Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No unleaded fuel in our place so I've been using Petron XCS Valvemaster for Zukzuk ever since I acquired him a year and a half ago. I get an average of 15 km/l urban driving and 17km/l highway from using this fuel.

How about you guys? What brand/type of fuel are you feeding your babies?

:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
i use shell premium several years ago. dati we used caltex or petron premium...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use shell premium at the moment kasi naging habit ko na and it is along my route to work. Siya rin yung may mababang price ng gas along E. Rodriguez between araneta avenue and rotonda going to Espana.

Additonal Info: All Japanese vehicles from the 1970's up to the present can use unleaded fuel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mileage

mang_caloy said:
I use Petron Xtra unleaded for my truck. I usually get 14-16 kms/liter. with 185/60r13 tires, I used to get 18-20 kms/liter.
Mang caloy,

Newbie po ako dito (registered this pm), i'm from Cebu & bought my
SCRUM F6A (12V) Rear mounted engine, EFI & Power steering minivan
here in Cebu last March this year.

I'm just curious kasi my officemates here explained about changing their
ordinary (original) 12" rims into 13" mags. Yung makina daw originally is designed for 12" rims so pag ginawa mong 13" plus the weight of mags
(normally heavier than 12") mas mag wo-work harder yung engine resulting to a low mileage.

I'm confused with his explanation & yours. I've read your other thread
about this one, saying that you improved your mileage by shifting to a bigger, wider tires.

Please share me your ideas on this topic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Zukzuk said:
No unleaded fuel in our place so I've been using Petron XCS Valvemaster for Zukzuk ever since I acquired him a year and a half ago. I get an average of 15 km/l urban driving and 17km/l highway from using this fuel.

How about you guys? What brand/type of fuel are you feeding your babies?

:)

for me i used unleaded but w/ additive for better engine performance.

check this site: Witnotics Research Enterprise

·
Registered
78 Posts
BRUCE LI said:
Mang caloy,

Newbie po ako dito (registered this pm), i'm from Cebu & bought my
SCRUM F6A (12V) Rear mounted engine, EFI & Power steering minivan
here in Cebu last March this year.

I'm just curious kasi my officemates here explained about changing their
ordinary (original) 12" rims into 13" mags. Yung makina daw originally is designed for 12" rims so pag ginawa mong 13" plus the weight of mags
(normally heavier than 12") mas mag wo-work harder yung engine resulting to a low mileage.

I'm confused with his explanation & yours. I've read your other thread
about this one, saying that you improved your mileage by shifting to a bigger, wider tires.

Please share me your ideas on this topic.

Thanks.

If you use larger tires, you affect the overall ratio of your gears (lowering the ratio numerically), lowering the engine's speed at the same vehicular speed as compared to smaller diameter tires. It's also true that the engine works harder (as well as the brakes and the suspension) because of the added rotaional mass of the larger wheels. The trick therefore is to find lightweight, larger diameter wheels for you to maximize your ride's fuel economy. Another thing is that when you change your tire diameter, your speedometer readings would be thrown off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some surplus japanese wheels are really light but they're kind of hard to find. Silverwinds are ok but me and my friends have had problems with their durability before. Hopefully, they have gotten around to using better alloys for their wheels. I'm currently using Rota wheels 13x6 (bought brand new), Commodore (bought 2nd hand) 13x6, and some no name wheels 13x7 (bought 2nd hand, the ones in the picture in my garage). The lightest among the 3 are the Rotas and the heaviest are the 13x7 wheels. the Commodores are being used for our water delivery pickup and they've been holding up pretty well.

For the fuel mileage question, maybe it could be true but the savings could be negated by the fact that the tires on the 12" wheels have more mass than the 13" tires. Try swapping wheels and tires with your friend for while for you to draw a definitive conclusion and base your decisions there. Glad to be of help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for your inputs mang caloy, I plan to have my 4-12" wheels swapped later into mags with additional cost of course. Other option will be to wait 'til the 4 wheels wear down (maybe after 2yrs.) & buy the Rota wheels you suggested or look for Japanese surplus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im new here. i bought a suzuki carry with fb body for my delivery needs for my business for the reason that it really doesnt consume much gas. however, i measured that my unit consumes around 8kms/liter. i would like to ask you huys if any of you have expeienced the same at first when your vehicles were newly acquired? also what were the things you first did? tuneup? etc? my suzuki has a 660cc-f6a engine, 12 inch tires. laso just replaced my spark plugs, changed oil, high tension wires, air filter. though didnt replacce contact point and condenser yet. NEED HELP IN MAKING MY VEHICLE BE A GAS ECONOMIZER. THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello, I know this topic is bit old, but just for a small querry,
can we use the REGULAR gasoline for our CARRY/EVERY?

If i'm not mistaken it's 90 octane (SHELL-PREMIUM is 93 Oct.).

I read from an article in the net that for gasoline engines built
after 1990, anything higher that 87 octane is a waste of money.
I personally don't believe this (I'm also using SHELL Super unleaded)
'coz we like to be sure that our engine is on the tip-top shape,
considering some are surplus from Japan & have been used for years.
We don't want the "knocking" effect on our vehicles, early/late
combustion which could destroy our engines.

Any idea about these guys???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello again Mang Caloy. Thanks for the update with regards to wheel upgrades. It surely enlightened my nagging question with regards to that topic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts