Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Sidekick 4WD 2DR. I need a new passenger front fender, front bumper, grill, hood, and headlights. The front right corner got smashed, basically. As far as I'm aware most of the body parts are the same from 89-98, right? Are the 2 door and 4 door TrackKicks the same from the windshield forward?

What vehicles could I pick apart in a junkyard for parts? Any gen 1/2 TrackKick?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I KNOW the frame is different at the front, 2 door to 4 door, but I am fairly certain the sheet metal is the same.... pretty much. I have "mixed and matched" the hood with no problem. The bumper IS different, I bought the wrong one once. The way the bumper cover and grille interact is a bit year and Tracker/Sidekick specific, so you'll need to match those up. I'll pop up a few pictures from these pages (Follow the links to get pictures you can pop to full size and inspect closely):
Chevrolet Tracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Suzuki Escudo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1992–1994 Suzuki Vitara JX (Pretty much a Sidekick)

Suzuki Sidekick JX 4-door

1997 Geo Tracker 4-door

Notice this early Tracker does NOT have any body lines on the hood. I like it as it gives a much cleaner look. but the little fender extensions between the hood and the door are slightly different shape. (I have a hood like this, but not the proper fender parts.)

Just do not source the sheet metal parts from a 96 to 98 Sport. (There are a few other "Sport like" models, but not in the US market. They installed diesel and v6's in them... )

Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Have fun!

Take pictures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot.

A friend that I worked with came across a 92 Sidekick at a junkyard when he was there. He pulled several pieces for me. He got a hood, grill, bumper, center bar thing, and headlight.

As soon as I find the time I'll start to take apart my Sidekick and start to straighten out any bent parts.

Here's my Sidekick as it stands and the parts that he pulled for me. The bumper is a different style than mine came with. Looking at it, my tow hook is the wrong orientation to fit in the bumper hole. I have the receipt and they'll take back anything that doesn't fit. Wish me luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The TracKick you are fixing is a two door correct?

The red bumper is a four door bumper and the actual bumper structure will not fit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TracKick you are fixing is a two door correct?

The red bumper is a four door bumper and the actual bumper structure will not fit.
Yeah, I have a 2 door. Ah, ok. Oh well. The rest should fit, right? I can return the bumper and look for another when I hunt for a fender.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts