Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craigslist ad, here's the description:
This is strong running very reliable samurai. 1.3 Engine rebuilt Spoa, 4.16 t-case regeared and rebuilt recently. I purchased a rebuilt transmission which shifts great. Also has a petroworks clutch just installed. I have taken very good care of this rig. It has it's share of bumps and scratches on the body though but overall great shape. Custom aluminum safari rack. Split rear seats very rare. Locked up in the front with a spartan. Stock carb, headers (calmini), new cat, brand new top. Custom front bumper with built in 4k winch. Not very flexible on the price at the moment, really don't want to sell it. $4,000

Hard to tell what size tires by the pic, but I'd guess 31's?

·
Registered
278 Posts
If I were you.... Go drive it. $ 4000 is about right for that rig if it drives out well.
The drive will tell the story. Check everything. Take your grubbies so you can crawl through it.
If it drives well, Look for things like poor welds, bailing wire, and signs of poor quality work.
If everything looks good. You might want to pull the trigger on this one....Boxcar...
PS: The tires look more like 32 s or 3 s to me but it's hard to tell without standing next to it.
Good luck.....Boxcar...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, I'll do that. I suppose it will be FAIRLY obvious to identify a crappy weld, though I'm not a welder I think I know what a clean weld should look like.

Boxcar- If you were to take a WILD guess, given the tire size (let's say they are 32's) and the regeared t-case, the stock carb and calmini headers... neighborhood MPG what do you think? Since I'm wanting a mountain truck/daily driver I'm still factoring fuel economy dollars. Though it is not the MOST important thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts