Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I run straight LPG Sierra Hardtop here in Oz and have done for the last 4 - 5 months. I looked at the exhaust tailpipe as it's just come loose at the final mount and it struck me how black it was inside.

From first start up it runs like a regular 1.3 without any noticeable emissions at all, so i'm curious as to what the dark colourations could be after running seemingly so cleanly for the last 5 months?

What colour should I expect? I'm not sure what a healthy LPG exhaust should look like :huh:

FYI - oil seems fine, no major consumption issues, still 4/5 full on the dipstick after 5000kms. Power is normal, no other issues to think of...

Hmmm..

·
Registered
181 Posts
That is normal. Even though your exhaust looks clean, there is a minute
amount of particles being left behind. Think of it this way, in my town we have pefectly clean drinking water. When you fill a glass it's clean but when I would fill my hot tub, man you'd think you were drinking mud. In a small volume the dirt particles are obviously less noticable but in a big volume like a tub or pool, that's when you see all the dirt. (doe's any of this make sense).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Grats - I understand that much, but I thought dark grey tailpipe was an indicator of healthy engine... my exhaust residue is now pitch black :mellow:

Just curious why there'd be a colour transition at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts