Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get a picture later, but up next to the visor (and hidden behind it) are two bolt holes. Mine are empty. It looks like there was a support of some sort that ran back to the support behind the driver/passenger seat.

Any photos or descriptions of what should be up there?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Factory targa support and factory hard top brackets bolt there...

Here is a shot of the aftermarket version that uses the same mounting bosses.

Link to Rally Sport Top Installation:
Sport Top

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what I suspected.

Is it structurally important? Should I be looking for a replacement?

Those Rally hard-tops look great! I bet that would cut down on "soft top flapping in the wind" noise a bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The hard tops are great but they are pricey. I love mine.

The targa supports are very important when it comes to keeping the rattling down to a minimum. You can usually find them on Ebay. i might even have a couple buried in the garage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect!

I was thinking the bars met together in the middle in a V shape. They actually go above the middle support then. Doesn't that cause a lot of wear on the soft top?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Not really. When on tight it doesn't rub much. The tops are usually double layered over the targa anyway. When you use the support bars you will notice a huge difference in how little the windshield moves going down the road. They really do their job well.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
not off the top of my head, but you really want to use large metric phillips because they have fewer sharp edges.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I will check when I get home tonight and see if there are any stock screws in the bolt box at home.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found some nice smooth Allen head bolts that fit the rear targa holes. Got 'er all together now. Went for a drive- surprisingly quiet!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts