Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Samurai that i just purchased recently. I drove it for the first time in the rain the other day and there seems to be a leak somewhere under the dash on the drivers side as my feet got wet and i could feel water dripping from wiring and other objects under the dash. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, where was the leak???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
vent drains

I had cleaned out the debris in those drains before this happened. They run water out of them as fast as i could pour it in the vents. All of my heater vents had been plugged with Maple tree seeds and leaves and I had found these drains to be plugged at that time. I do believe it has to do with the heater vents somewhere tho. I am probably wrong tho.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem before. We traced the leak to the gap at the bottom edge of the windshield frame where it pivots when you fold the windshield down/forward. Apparently the rainwater gets blown up and into the gap, and then finds its way to the driver's feet.

We just put silicone sealant on the gap and that fixed it.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I had the same problem before. We traced the leak to the gap at the bottom edge of the windshield frame where it pivots when you fold the windshield down/forward. Apparently the rainwater gets blown up and into the gap, and then finds its way to the driver's feet.

We just put silicone sealant on the gap and that fixed it.
That is a good quick fix, but if you want to ever use the windshield fold-down kit it is gonna make it a little inconvenient. Why not just replace the gasket in that case?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine's a lwb with a hardtop so folding down the windshield would be a major production anyway. Running silicone on that gap was the easiest and cheapest fix for me. Besides, I've already immobilized the hinges by mounting my spotlight brackets on top of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And one more thing, I just remembered that my snorkel has a mounting bracket bolted onto the right side of the windshield frame.

Folding that windshield is really out of the question now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts