Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '88 sami and the Police are hastling me about not having doors. I can remove the doors if they were a factory option and so far the only vehicle that I found were pre '86 CJ's that the doors were optional.

Please help me find literature that states they were an option!:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have a '88 sami and the Police are hastling me about not having doors. I can remove the doors if they were a factory option and so far the only vehicle that I found were pre '86 CJ's that the doors were optional.

Please help me find literature that states they were an option!:confused:
Sorry, but all of the Samurai's came with doors.
The laws in your area may be a little more restrictive, or you may have someone trying push their own interpretation of the law. The original door law (in most areas) stipulates that if you have a 'door sill' than the door is not required. It s a safety point so that if you have something on the floor at your feet and you turn a corner it doesn't come flying out... But you need to get the law in writing to confirm what it really says.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but all of the Samurai's came with doors.
The laws in your area may be a little more restrictive, or you may have someone trying push their own interpretation of the law. The original door law (in most areas) stipulates that if you have a 'door sill' than the door is not required. It s a safety point so that if you have something on the floor at your feet and you turn a corner it doesn't come flying out... But you need to get the law in writing to confirm what it really says.
That is the way the law is written in our neighbouring province of Alberta where I came from but here only CJ's are exempt from the stupid law.I think I will make a personal crusade to change the law!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was told the same thing about not having doors, but I went to an army surplus store and bought door nets from our canadian Italis jeep and they fit to a "T" on the sami door opening and for five years I have not been pulled over, even when the cops were stopped at a red light beside me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was told the same thing about not having doors, but I went to an army surplus store and bought door nets from our canadian Italis jeep and they fit to a "T" on the sami door opening and for five years I have not been pulled over, even when the cops were stopped at a red light beside me.
I think we had this door net discussion before..where exactly did you grab them from? My buddy lives in New West. He can grab some for me.:cool:

Do you have some easy to follow specs for that snorkel that you built?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Deja vu or what, yes I do remember that conversation.
" Daves Surplus " in New West, if your buddy live in New West he'll know where it is. (I don't know the address, just how to get there).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts