Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
1996 Geo Tracker, 1.6 , 4x4 auto
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fresh head job by a professional shop. No tension as the lash is backed completely off. 不不不. No wonder it had a miss at idle.

Attachments

Registered
Well that is not supposed to do that! Was a valve job done on the head, or just a gasket replacement?

Reactions: Loopy

Registered
This is a fresh head job by a professional shop. No tension as the lash is backed completely off. 不不不. No wonder it had a miss at idle.
NOT THE LASH LOL!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a complete rebuild of the head. to include a valve job, new valves guides seals etc. Im literally laughing to keep from beating a machine shops tail.

Registered
What's the shop have to say about the quality of their work? Or are you afraid to go near the place?
Too bad about all that work and $ for nothing but frustration. What's the plan moving forward? New machinist or are you going to trust these guys to redo it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the shop have to say about the quality of their work? Or are you afraid to go near the place?
Too bad about all that work and $ for nothing but frustration. What's the plan moving forward? New machinist or are you going to trust these guys to redo it?
I have taken the head to another machine shop. I called the original shop and emailed them the photos and explained, they offered to correct the problem, but I dont trust them anymore. I am afraid it will be a patch job.

Registered
Likely a wise choice. Will the new shop give you a letter addressing the quality of the work done by the previous shop? That and photos in small claims court should be a slam dunk. I'd ask the court for reimbursement of parts like head bolts and gaskets, my time ( or labor hours by the book) , trips to the second shop and fluids. The only issue I see is you didn't give them a chance to make it right. With explanation I think the judge will understand why. It would be nice if you could bring a real machinist with you. But that's not likely hoing to happen.
More than the money. These guys should have tested their work. It didn't even pass the flashlight test fot you but they should have also done a fluid test ( so should you have done one before installing the head. But dont tell judge (magistrate) that. You turn the head upside down, fill the combustion chamber part with water and give it a half hour or so to see if any fluid leaks through. You can use a lighter viscosity fluid like alcohol if you like but water always worked for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Robb... no the valves are not bent as far as what was wrong I am not 100% sure yet the new machine shop tore it down and ordered parts but I dont have a report yet I will update. he did mention that the valve face was wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts