Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 GV has pretty low usage about 20-25K miles, it siddenly begin lightup the Transfer case/Lock Indicator ramdomly at the instrument cluster, I checked for bitten wires, corrosion etc, no cues on what what the cause, OBDII registered some ECU link failures.

Then It begin experimenting Engine Misfires, Given in my country Fuel supply is not strange to have contaminants I first checked fuel system, nothing, then Ignition/Spar-plugs I found my spark-plugs where in bad state, so likely the misfire source, I cleaned and recalibrate it, as interim solution and Misfires dissipated... But Also I begin to Miss that Weird random Transfer/Trnasmission Failure Alert.

Then I bought some "iridium" spark-plugs, and at the first run, while the engine run fine, the ECU , Gearboxe etc everything looked like a Xmas Tree, I was alarmed to have broken something while replacing the spark-plugs, The double checked everything was correct, nothing broken, Then I remembered an SCADA Project where an HV device leaked noise into the network, so I tried the re-installing the Old Sparkpluigs, and everithing went fine again...

I returned the "iridium"spark-plugs and got a set of ORIGINAL Platinum NGK Spark-plugs as listed in the manual, Installed and everithing Fine Since Then, My GV as powerful and reliable as ever.

(the "iridium" spark-plugs actually where Fake Chinesse copies of Denso).

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Checkout Rockauto in the US for spares. Although I have a V6 (don't know what your engine is or where you live) I bought a set of Ruthenium plugs to replace the oem platinum plugs. Supposedly they last even longer than iridium and weren't that much more expensive.
These are the NGK versions for the V6 available -
NGK 90198 platinum usd 6.18
NGK 6509 iridium IX usd 9.30
NGK 96621 iridium usd 13.70
NGK 3587 double platinum usd 11.95
NGK 91276 ruthenium usd 14.46
There were a total of 20 options in other brands incl these NGK ones. Biggest problem is working out which is the best to buy. You can go on price only or maybe whichever brand you prefer. I chose the ruthenium because why not ?
Rockauto will not sell Chinese copies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checkout Rockauto in the US for spares. Although I have a V6 (don't know what your engine is or where you live) I bought a set of Ruthenium plugs to replace the oem platinum plugs. Supposedly they last even longer than iridium and weren't that much more expensive.
These are the NGK versions for the V6 available -
NGK 90198 platinum usd 6.18
NGK 6509 iridium IX usd 9.30
NGK 96621 iridium usd 13.70
NGK 3587 double platinum usd 11.95
NGK 91276 ruthenium usd 14.46
There were a total of 20 options in other brands incl these NGK ones. Biggest problem is working out which is the best to buy. You can go on price only or maybe whichever brand you prefer. I chose the ruthenium because why not ?
Rockauto will not sell Chinese copies.
My 2009 has the V6 H27, thanks fir the information.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
The 2.7 is a completely different engine to the 3.2 so you would need to exp-lore this separately. And the US site doesn't sell all models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd advise getting a set of proper feeler gauges if you're manually gapping plugs. Those circular things are cast, which isn't a terribly accurate manufacturing process and can lead to some inaccurate measurements.
In my experience, factory-gapped plugs tend to be pretty accurate and you shouldn't have to adjust them. Particularly the high-end platinum & iridium styles.
I think what may have happened is you set your gaps too big, which can cause problems with weak spark and/or spark timing.
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts