Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is anyone else experiencing a weird noise when there shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at 4x1000 rpm??? the noise is like a crackling sound its like 2 metal plates rubbing from one and other.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
sounds like the infamous second gear grind alot acura's have that problem.. never heard of it on a forenza.. might need to have that looked at

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zerocool said:
sounds like the infamous second gear grind alot acura's have that problem.. never heard of it on a forenza.. might need to have that looked at
yeah its exactly a grind its so annoying..... anywayz imao have go check it out... thanx anywayz

·
Registered
265 Posts
Zipper said:
Definitly have it looked at. I have no problem... except that spegetti noodle shifter always feels unsatisfied

ya the shifting is all loose i hate it

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts
Sounds like the 2nd gear synchronizer is shot. Been power shifting? :rolleyes:

There's no easy fix other than having a reputable trans shop go through it or opt to replace the tranny w/a good used one. :(

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Max said:
Sounds like the 2nd gear synchronizer is shot. Been power shifting? :rolleyes:

There's no easy fix other than having a reputable trans shop go through it or opt to replace the tranny w/a good used one. :(
+1. Mine have been going for along time in 2nd and 3rd but since I changed my driving habits they've been lasting. First, shift no later than 6,100rpms if your cars modded, if not shifter much sooner. Take a little more time shifter, dont shove it into gear, kinda just let it guide into gear.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Zipper said:
I shift earlyer, but yeah, cant force it. Some reasuring pressures ok, but don't shove it. I'm usaly shifting at 4K, but thats old habbits from learning on dieing cars
I ment 6.1k max (if your cars modded, if it doesnt have a CAI or exhuast probably 5,750max) when racing around.

The reason is your power drops off after 5,600ish stock and shifter a bit after that is probably the best as far as times go. But even worst shifter later you go from making say (btw, im just throwing out #s now) 85whp at 6,300rpm to 105whp and more tq at 4k rpms (when you shift into the next gear) and that surge of power isn't healthy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well I usually shift at 3k to 4k not more and when I "do" race the max I go to is 5k. but anywayz I hope that it isnt too expensive to have my problem repaired... or Ill just buy a short shifter from Kinky I heard that it helps.....
My plan is to get a short shifter ,a new clutch systeme, big brakes , the KW suspension ( since cobra suspension isnt repling to my e-mail)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
ralph_4t4 said:
do you have more thats on E-bay???
and I want to change my clutch do you have any advises???
None are up yet. I need to make up the bunch, probably soon after x-mas.

Yes, I can get you several combos from 3, 4, or 6puck clutchs with any combination of pressure plates up to 1200lbs (possibly 1400lbs)...which your at it I recommend upgrading to a lightweight flywheel too since half the cost will be labor anyways. With a 6puck clutch and 1200lbs pressure plate the clutch assembly is good for like 600hp...of course the tranny isnt. I need a 50% deposite for the clutch though as it's special order only, expect UP TOO 2.5 months for it to arrive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx lots Kinky, plase keep me updated with the prices. Cause like you mentionned once x-mas ends imma go on a shopping spree for my vehicule...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
ralph_4t4 said:
Thanx lots Kinky, plase keep me updated with the prices. Cause like you mentionned once x-mas ends imma go on a shopping spree for my vehicule...
Haha, shweet! I think I'm going to make a post with all the parts and all the info on them soon. It'll be at least a month before I get a website up so I should do something else in the meantime especialy since I keep hearing people like you say how they can't get clutchs or something.

Zipper said:
Oooooooo I like Kinkys words
Wanna clutch too?

As soon as Ralph comes forward or anyone else for a clutch (or anything else from that supplyier, ill make a post of what I cna get) I'll make a post about it since it's shipping from the other side of the World people would save allot if you buy togather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts