Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve noticed in the last week that when I accelerate, mainly when I have to really give power, on the left side of my hood area, it sounds like a whooshing wind sound and rattling coming from under the hood. I’ve noticed depleted power as well and my engine light goes on and off. Anyone have any experience with this? I’m waiting to have it looked at due to the lockdown and don’t want to cause major damage driving it around. I took a video but i can’t post it here it seems. Thanks all.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Not a guesser, but I would be investigating the CAM/Crank correlation and a stretched chain.. If it breaks/jumps it will cause the pistons to kiss the valves...

·
Super Moderator
18,017 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

I would first investigate the main Catalytic Convertor for failure which will cause excessive exhaust back-pressure, system joint leakage / noise, CEL triggereing and poor engine performance. You have all of the symptoms! ;)

Adapting a pressure gauge to an O2 sensor port prior to the main Cat is the easiest way to diagnosis. If more than a few PSI when observing the gauge at raised / running engine RPM, that would indicate a clog.

You can Google other testing techniques too. Scanners, IR guns, opening up the exhaust system, and alike ways.

And if you need a Cat, I chose this Walker years ago with success thus far.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Whooshing. Take a look at your fan clutch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
By the sound I would think exhaust leak, probably caused by a clogged cat as max said.
Actually if that’s how your Suzuki accelerates, it probably is.
Also make sure the fan shroud is properly secured.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts