Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,180 Posts
Fit - yes - work well is another matter.

Make sure that whoever supplies the weber supplies it correctly jetted for the engine and that whoever installs it knows what they are doing.

Webers are great carburettors, they can be fitted to most engines and made to run very well, but the same flexibility that makes them so good, also makes it very easy to get them setup incorrectly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from the tracker pages...

hey guys, sorry for the delay, for future reference, here's the dealio:

there in fact were many small problems, one being the absence of the cat, which i put back, in addition there were several unplugged vacuum ports, a sticking float, holes in the exhaust from the manifold back, choke was NEVER hooked up, but nothing could be adjusted correctly until i had at least one correct reference point, so the biggest difference came after i did the "sneak peak" from the kickfix pages. the timing was significantly off, almost beyond the range of adjustment, and after adjusting, it actually ran worse, but that was because i had been tuning to incorrect timing.

then, tune my new weber back to stock and re-tune to the tracker.

re-tuning the weber after timing adjustment, i went from 15 to 26 mpg in a day. with no more strandings, power problems, backfires, nothing. ive got a couple of small issues ill address on another thread, but thats it.

i feel like the person who did this is a moron or a very lazy genious. looks like this was slammed together for sale right away.(ever see that episode of andy griffith where the seller had put saw dust in the transmission?)

FYI - carb overflow - had problems with the carb over flowing. it added confusion but had nothing to do with tuning, really, because the last guy had removed the emissions
controls, so fumes were not being consumed by the system. i got a new charcoal canister, and im trying to figure out how to make it work. venting the gas cap has cured me till then.

thanks for everything y'all. couple more things and ill be moving on to cosmetics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts