Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm stumped. My old factory carb took a dump, so I decided to, instead of rebuild the factory one, swap it with a weber. Well, I can't get her to idle. I can get it started and rev it without issue, but the RPMs just drop and it dies. I have the 32/26 weber that came from Low Range pre jetteed with an electronic fuel pump putting out 2-4 psi with a regulator set at 2 psi. All lines to the manifold have been plugged. and the vapor vent is going to the charcoal canister. I have also been playing with the mixture and Idle screws. I also noted it would backfire through the carb on occation which is odd because it was Running well before I swapped carbs, and I rebuild the head not long ago. I also have a pinhole leak in my radiator(would it have an effect on the water choke carb?) Should I play with the timing advance? I need some Ideas here guys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would really look closely for a vacuum leak around the carb mounting adapter. I had issues with mine in that area. What you have sounds like a vacuum leak to me. You can use a can of starting spray, carb cleaner, etc. to spray around the suspected places to see if you get a change in the way it runs/idles (I've used gas in a squirt can, but its not the safest). If, it ran OK before, its got to be the new carb. Don't mess with the timing. you'll just be adding another variable into the equation. The radiator leak shouldn't effect the water choke much, if any.
I should add that these things have what seems like miles of vacuum hoses and a bunch of vacuum ports. Double check to see if you missed something. There are also the hoses for the EGR valve. Did you deal with those , too? I made a copper block off plate for mine (EGR), when I did the Weber swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't screw with the EGR at all, good call i'm going to have to check that out. Along with the possability of an adapter plate leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts